Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,831   Posts: 1,582,290   Online: 1028

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    A 17 year old that love Analog, put together her own darkroom, likes old cameras-
    I think I'm going to cry! Welcome aboard!
    "Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks everyone!
    Jeanette, I do belong to a local photography club. It's just the suburb I live in, but I'm right outside Chicago so I was thinking I might join a photography group there. I don't know of any good ones, but I'm sure I could find them somehow...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Julia,

You sound like a candidate for LF and ULF photography, especially contact printing. My bet is you'll be shooting large before you turn 20.

Welcome aboard.
    Graeme

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome aboard, Julia! I'm 17, too. Or, at least I was yesterday. Today I woke up and I was suddenly 31. What the -- ?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Garryl, I missed your post when I was responding last. I thought [/B]I[B] was going to cry when I read your post. Thank you.
    Graeme, wait till I'm almost 20 to shoot large format??! I'll wait until my freshman year in college when I can check out a LF camera for free. So I'll maybe wait until I'm 18
    Cheryl, lol! I still see you as a 17 year old...a very skilled 17 year old. And anyway, I'm really close to my photography teacher and she is also 31...or at least will be in a week. BTW, I've always admired your work that I saw on ILP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey everyone, I'm also new to this site... and I'm also 16. I took my first b&w class through school a few years ago, and since then photography has quickly become my biggest obsession. My teachers think I'm sick because I spend at least 3x more time in the darkroom than the other students! Right now I'm just trying to have fun with photography, and explore all I can. I'm so glad I found this site, everyone seems so welcoming and excited about true photography, which is nice for a change. Thanks -Grant

Images
    Hi Grant,
    Photography has been a life-long adventure for me. The more you learn, the more you realize that there is to learn. It never stops being interesting.
    The horizon never gets closer but your' skill and knowledge increase every day and your photographs mark your' progress.
    I wish I had a resource like this when I was 16. Ask questions and post your images to the gallery.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Images
    Welcome and enjoy.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Neal, you are totally correct..."your skill and knowledge increase every day". I remember when I first started my prints were dark, out of focus, dusty, and pretty much everything else was wrong. A few years later and I've had my images in galleries in 2 different states. I know this is not normal, but it surely keeps you coming back, striving for more. I think I struck metaphorical gold when I picked up a camera, here's to a life long endeavor in fine art imagery. Thank you for your words of encouragement. -Grant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Sherrie,

I'm glad to see you are actually thinking of photography as a potential profession instead of just a hobby. Good luck with your future studies and keep us posted.

Plus, if you ever need any ...um...assistance ...hmmmm...maybe advice or guidance is a better word?...with your assignments, you've got a bunch of internet tutors here ready to help out!

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin