Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,925   Posts: 1,556,801   Online: 986

Thread: Greetings

Shooter
    Multi Format

Greetings

Hi everyone,

My name is Tony, I'm from Totnes in Devon, UK and this site was recommended to me by another member.

First my confessions, I'm a refugee from another photo site as I got fed up of the bitching over there and sometimes I do use digital, but only when I'm paid to do so.

Black and White film is my true love (and mistress so my wife tells me). I prefer "traditional" films such as Ilford FP4+; HP5+ and Delta 3200, developing myself using DDX and wet printing. There are occasions such as very harsh lighting conditions when I do use Ilford XP2. Depending on the picture I will either flatbed scan the wet printed picture or film scan the negatives.

I guess that's enough waffle about me for now, other than to say looking around there's a lot of beautiful art here and I think I'm going to feel quite at home.

Kind regards Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tony

A warm welcome from this side of the pond. I hope you find this site as pleasant and rewarding as I do.

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey, you guys on that side of the pond must be doing some heavy recruiting!!! Or analog photography is experiencing some kind of revival over there.
    Other than that, a friendly welcome to a wonderful site.
    gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, Tony!

From the other side of the pond! I think that you will find many people with common interests here. Looking forward to see your photos!
    Jeanette
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Many thanks for your warm welcome from both sides of the pond Not sure if there's a revival over here as for a Luddite like me film never went away. Digital is good but you can't beat the real thing with tactile negatives and the smell of chemicals.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    welcome Tony ..the Brit membership here is growing so much that perhaps we are nearing enough to have some kind of actual eyeball - perhaps an Apug (gb chapter) organised shoot???

could be fun.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Great idea Leon. We'll let you organise that then
    Anyway, welcome to the site Tony. You will like it there.
    We'll soon have enough brits here to start our own highly charged political debates in the lounge.
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome from him.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you everyone who welcomed me since I last visited this thread :-) An "organised shoot" sounds good. Now if we can find a model to hold a flower, posed in a stunning landscape near to water where wildlife is taking a drink (oops nearly forgot the stone mill by the water )I think we might have found utopia LOL I'm up for one of those and a drink after of course!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin