Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,108   Online: 934

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

New Member from Hawaii

Aloha All,

My name is Robert and I live in Kaneohe, Hawaii, on the island of Oahu. I've been a camera fanatic for over thirty years, but have recently become more serious about; must be something about getting older. I've almost totally abandoned 35mm for 4x5 over the past year, and I have absolutely no interest in going digital (although I do print digitally now - West Coast Imaging does all my printing). I recently joined this forum, having found out about it from Camera Arts magazine. I'm so sick of the current photography magazines emphasis on digital at the expense of film, and I've found the US based magazines to be the worst.

Looking forward to hearing from others of the same interest.

Robert
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to the site Robert.
    Hey, didn't someone mention something about an APUG convention? Wouldn't Robert's house be a good spot?!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Welcome Robert,

If the APUG convention doesn't work out, would you mind of some of us came and stayed with you for a few months. We won't take up much room. We promise.

We were thinking maybe January and February.

Later,

Michael McBlane
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I hadn't realized there was an invitation!
    Sounds good to me. When do we leave? I've never been to Hawaii - do I have to wear clothes over there?
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Aloha from the island of Manhattan. My wife grew up in Honolulu, so we visit regularly. I brought the 8x10" camera out there once--too much wind for that, but 4x5"'s worked out just fine.

Ed wrote:
    I hadn't realized there was an invitation!
    Sounds good to me. When do we leave? I've never been to Hawaii - do I have to wear clothes over there?

Yes Ed the dress code is two coconuts and a grass skirt. The coconuts are to cover your eyes to protect them from the old men who wear speedos.
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Robert -- live just down the way in Kailua until a couple of years ago (makai side of Enchanted Lake). In fact your name sounds familiar....

Tell me, has Francis Camera successfully killed all possible competition yet?

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Nice to have another member from Hawaii. Welcome! I am based on Maui, and lived on Oahu for four months. Kaneohe is truly beautiful.

Sorry guys, My tin roof house is too small for visits and the wooden structure too eaten by the termites.

David I understand your problem with the 8x10 in the wind. It is very hard for the mind to accept sometimes that you just cannot make an exposure that day. When the wind keeps on blowing and blowing I go shoot rocks or buildings or sugar mills, etc. It keeps my mind healthy.

Robert, it would be nice to see some prints of yours.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I had property on the Big Island for a number of years and spent many lovely months over there scuba diving and taking pics. Haven't been back for about 5 or 6 years tho and miss it a lot.

mahalo
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=Christian Olivet
    Sorry guys, My tin roof house is too small for visits and the wooden structure too eaten by the termites.
    [/QUOTE]

Hah!! What matters a few termites? ... And I was immunized against "small" - It was called an MG TC - a vehicle never intended to hold a human passenger.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin