Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,900   Posts: 1,521,090   Online: 987

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Thanks for the warm welcome...

I live in lovely Keene, New Hampshire, which could serve as the prototypical small New England city (come to think of it, it already did - in the film "Jumanji")

I work in the city with the smallest ambitions in the United States. Its nickname is "Wormtown" and its official planning goal is to become "one of the most livable medium sized cities in the northeastern United States" (No, I am not making this up.... )

I have family and job connections all across New England and travel from Acadia to Burlington to the Vineyard with regularity. I pass through North Central Massachusetts twice a day and worked in many of the small towns there developing housing.

I am still quite electronically challenged, so I hope to be able to scan and post some of my work, but it will be a challenge. I'm counting on some support from the experts.

As I said before, I pretty much stopped surfing and lurking photo.net when I could no longer understand have of the pixeltalk.

Anyplace that has concurrent threads on Rodinal and Dianas has definitely got something going for me as a member in good standing of the Luddite wing of the Photographic Party.

Andy "I never double dip but I might double entendre" H

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi from old England. Welcome.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Andy,
    I know Keene quite well. My father worked in Troy, NH at the Troy Mills for many years. We used to go swimming at the quarries in the Swanzie(?) area.
    But you have me quite curious as to what medium sized city is "Wormtown!"
    gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello from another new englander. Although a recent immigrant ;-). I live in the north eastern part of MA, just south of the NH border.
    Cheers, Shesh

Not to know what happened before one was born is always to be a child - Cicero

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by papagene
    Andy,
    I know Keene quite well. My father worked in Troy, NH at the Troy Mills for many years. We used to go swimming at the quarries in the Swanzie(?) area.
    But you have me quite curious as to what medium sized city is "Wormtown!"
    gene
    I love old New England mills and have done quite a bit of shooting around them. The Swanzey quarries are largely fenced off for safety reasons but people a lot younger than I still use them.

Wormtown's "official" nick is "The Heart of the Commonwealth". Does that help any?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Andy,
    Nope. I know Chair City, Plastics Town, Tool Town (where I grew up), but am still confused. HMMMMM... moderate sized city in Central Mass; Heart of the Commonwealth; I've got to guesses: Worcester, because of its location; and Framingham, because of its on going heart study.
    gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Holy Moly Gene - I have worked in Spectown and Toy Town, and developed property in Tool Town (although some of its denigrators just added an "e" and an "s" to describe its residents I always kinda liked the place. My dad did inspection work at UTD and Starret during the war and they moved from there only shortly before my birth).

I've also got some roots in the birthplace of Clara Barton and the home of Lake You Fish on Your Side, I Fish on My Side, Nobody Fish in the Middle.

But you're right, I now work in Worcester, birthplace of barbed wire, Abbie Hoffman, the birth control pill and the smiley face - in that order.

I'm driving back and forth to a conference in the home of the Volleball Hall of Fame next month, and I was thinking of bringing my 4x5 down to the old canal area. Do you know this area and do you have any suggestions?

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Worcester is also the home of Smith College and I know a couple of the teachers there. One is Steven DiRado and the other is Frank Armstrong. Both are prolific artists.

lee\c

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Smith is actually in Northampton, about forty miles west of here.

But Steven DiRado is/was affiliated with the Worcester Art Museum and lived (I think) here until recently.

In addition to a really neat little art museum the city does have seven colleges including a couple of pretty highly regarded ones.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe the New England based APUGgers can meet up sometime?
    Cheers, Shesh

Not to know what happened before one was born is always to be a child - Cicero

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin