Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,383   Online: 1031

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I smell a photo trip? :?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sounds like a plan. Where would there be a friendly Tavern located near our geographic center? Would we have to bring cameras?

We'lll show those APUGers from the San Fransico Bay Area!!
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sukach

We'lll show those APUGers from the San Fransico Bay Area!!
    *lol*

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Andy,
    Holyoke (pronounced by the locals as Whole-Yoke) can be quite dangerous in the canal section - The Flats. Even though the police chief has made some good strides in taming crime, that section still is rather iffy.
    Shoot during the day and I would suggest a second photographer to work with.
    And yes there are plenty of photographic opportunities in the old mill sections there in and around the canals. The blocks from just north of the VB Hall and south to I-395, between Main and High Streets are great photographically.
    When are you going to be actually shooting? I am temporally (I hope) unemployed and do have a little free time - e-mail me.
    And Shesh - a New England get together is a good idea. Saturdays is the best bet for me. I am part of the Valley Photo Center here in Springfield. We could meet here or another more centrally located spot. Keep in touch.
    gene
    PS - I almost forgot about the real name of Webster Lake.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Andy! I am from Needham MA, SW of Boston. A meeting sounds like a great idea. I am always looking for good photography spots..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Very nice to meet you all - maybe we could post ideas in the "locations" forum? I don't know the proper netiquette for this particular forum yet.

Gene, my former spousal unit grew up in Holyoke, up in the ritzy part of town, and would not go down into the flats thirty years ago. Fortunately I'm a little dumber.

I can even spell Lake Chargogagoggmanchaugagoggchaubunagungamogg.

The closest translation in Nipmuc is something like "neutral fishing place at the boundary waters" but the legendary translation I cited was actually coined by a newspaper editor with whom I worked many years ago. Rather too fond of good hooch, he arrived at this approximation after a couple of scotch and sodas and delivered it for the first time to a Rotary Club luncheon sometimes in the late 1940s. It's been urban legend gospel ever since!

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyH
    Smith is actually in Northampton, about forty miles west of here.

But Steven DiRado is/was affiliated with the Worcester Art Museum and lived (I think) here until recently.

In addition to a really neat little art museum the city does have seven colleges including a couple of pretty highly regarded ones.

Andy H,

You are correct I confused my colleges. It is Clark where he teaches. Both he and Frank are there. He lives on Martha's Vineyard during the summer vacation months. I don't know his affiliation with Worcester Art Museum other that his work has been displayed there some. He went to Mass Art in Boston and so did I. I am older than he is so we did not meet there.

lee\c

Images
    Welcome Andy from another New Englander. I'm in Bedford Massachusetts. I think the "trip" or at least some kind of get together is a Great Idea!
    JOHN

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, when and where are we all going to meet?
    gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Good photo location or good photo show / exhibit ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin