Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,535,040   Online: 1036

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hello from New England!

Thank you so much for this website. I sort of accidentally on purpose discovered it through a friend and I must say that you have one of the more eclectic collections of people and images around. I am most impressed at the talent and knowledge.

I'm an aging baby boomer from New England who mostly works with equipment made when glass, metal, and leather were not materials to be shunned for their weight. I dub around with my 4x5 Speed Graphic and several lenses, my Rollei TLR and my Rolleiflex SL35 system with some German glass and a handful of older Supertaks that I use with the M-42 adaptor.

My work is about 50/50 color and B/W; although since coming to a house with no basement my beloved darkroom is now packed mostly in boxes until we get a chance to expand it I've been doing more and more color.

Architectural and landscape and "found object" still lifes are the most fun for me - I'm still kind of shy around people despite shooting quite a few weddings and similar "events" and two years as a working news photog many years ago...

I'm currently living in New Hampshire and working in central Massachusetts but have lived and shot all over the east coast and a few places out west...

Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Andy,

A big welcome from Old England You'll very quickly find there are many knowledgeable and very friendly talented people here, so I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. Look forward to seeing some of your images

Images
    A hearty Welcome from the upper desert SW.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyH
    I'm an aging baby boomer from New England who mostly works with equipment made when glass, metal, and leather were not materials to be shunned for their weight.
    Welcome Andy. Always good to see another large format shooter. I've seen some awesome photos from your part of the country and I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work.

BTW, I am from the opposite side of the country from you; Kaneohe, Hawaii (about 15 miles from Honolulu).
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Welcome and have fun with the site, Your part of the country is someplace I have never been and would really like to see and shoot. Look forward to seeing your work.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Andy... I think you'll enjoy it here!

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    O.k. So you found out about this place through me. Just don't double dip your chips in the dip and all will be fine.
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Andy!

Aging boomer??? There is no such thing!!! Aren't we all forever young???
    I love that area of the US! My hubby used to work in Pittsfield (guess where!!) many moons ago & he took me there a couple of years ago. What a beautiful area! My favorite time there is fall, when everything is colorful & the air is crisp! Hope to see some pics!

This is a great place, I'm sure that you will find a thing or two to interest you!
    Jeanette
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Andy,
    As another New Englander, I welcome you to this wonderful site.
    Where abouts in New Hampshire do you live and where do you work. I am originally from a small town in north central Mass and most of my family still lives up that way, so I am very familiar with the area.
    Are you familiar with the Western New England Large Format Photographers group? If you e-mail me, I can send you some info.
    Enjoy your visits to APUG.
    gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hey andy
    welcome to apug. i'm a few states away in ri. i spent a lot of time in central new hampshire when i was growing up. it is really nice up there

have fun!

- john

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin