Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,410   Online: 754

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Howrya from Ireland

Hi all,
    figured I'd better introduce myself since everybody else seems to be doing it!

I'm a 27 year old Dubliner and got my first fully manual SLR about ten years ago as a cast off from a relation. Since then I've been fascinated with photography and have taught myself as much as I could find out about it (...and spent a lot of money!). I eventually got around to building a darkroom about 2 years ago and manys the weekend that has been spent in darkness since then! I'll photograph pretty much anything but my favourite subject is definitely the West of Ireland.

I first heard about this site about a year ago when Les McLean mentioned it in an article in that fabulous mag, B&W Photography. Only got around to registering and scanning some pics recently though.

I posted one thread last weak looking for advice on an enlarger for medium format and the response I got was very helpful. Great to have such a pool of knowledge and experience to dip into!

Nice to meet you!
    - Niall

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Greetings and welcome Niall. As a relative newcomer here myself I warn you that this can very become a very addictive place and the wonderful people here quickly make it feel like home. Look forward to seeing pictures of Ireland as I've only ever made it over to Northern Ireland. Tony

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome from Middle England. We share your favourite subject.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome Niall, I'm pleased you read the plug and finally got round to having a look, I'm sure you'll enjoy the friendship and community spirit on APUG.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    welcome Niall - good to have you here

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ah, I get to be the first from across the pond to say "Welcome!"

I do hope to get to Ireland someday soon. I'm Irish -- except for a smidge of Italian to keep things interesting. I'd love to photograph the locals there, particularly children.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome Niall,

Since Cheryl was the first to welcome you from the US, let me be the first to welcome you from way over in the middle of the Pacific Ocean (Hawaii to be exact). I'm looking forward to seeing some of your images in the gallery.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    greetings from down the road!

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome Niall. Hope you enjoy the forum.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Greetings Niall.
    Brian McDowell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin