Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,760   Posts: 1,516,081   Online: 889

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for the warm welcomes.
    Robert from Hawaii, you'll love Victoria in 3 weeks time. Spring in Victoria is the best. I assume you're already familiar with parts of Victoria as you already answered somebody else's question about the Dandenongs.
    Jeanette, yes, that is true about the Argentinian ants. Apparently the colonies work together and in the last 30 years or so, they have been killing off the native ants.
    Vegemite is one of the tastiest foods ever invented, and proof that not only is beer good, but good things can come from the bottom of the barrel too.

Images
    Here's a question for you Southern Hemisphere photographers:
    When you pour your solutions back into the bottle, Which direction does the solution turn as it goes through your darkroom funnel? Clockwise or counter-clockwise?
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield
    I assume you're already familiar with parts of Victoria as you already answered somebody else's question about the Dandenongs.
    Jeanette, yes, that is true about the Argentinian ants. Apparently the colonies work together and in the last 30 years or so, they have been killing off the native ants.
    Yes, I am somewhat familar with Victoria. I've visited Australia a number of times in the past few years; mainly Bright, Vic, Alice Springs or Sydney. I have been to Melbourne only once though. As in previous trips, I will drive down from Sydney; I like the drive, although I still wish the steering wheel was on the other side of the car.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Robert, if you get down to Melb sometime, yell out and we'll have to organise an APUG night out on the turps

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    When you pour your solutions back into the bottle, Which direction does the solution turn as it goes through your darkroom funnel? Clockwise or counter-clockwise?

..... downwards!
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm in the Northern Hemisphere and most times the solutions flow counter-clockwise (and yes, downwards too :rolleyes: ).
    Hmmm perhaps the ex girlfriends are right, I am a &$*@% devil...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Funny - I've never noticed. Mind you, I'm normally feeding my pet Platypus some Vegemite on toast at the same time so don't normally look .

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige
    Robert, if you get down to Melb sometime, yell out and we'll have to organise an APUG night out on the turps
    Sure will. I'll PM you as I get closer to leaving and have a bit more details of my trip worked out. I am planning on spending some time shooting at Otway National Park, then make the drive to Bright. Not sure on dates yet.

BTW, I see on your home page that you visited Hanauma Bay. I drove by there on the way home last night from the bookstore. It's about 10 miles from my house.

Thanks,
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hmm, must change that pic... it's not mine! Great place though! I hadn't revitilised my interest in photography then so the pictures for that trip (the whole year) are rather holiday snapshotish Didn't take a single B&W in Yosemite!

Otways to Bright... via ???

My inlaws live in Wangaratta, not far from Bright! I'm never up to date with the seasons but it is time for the trees to get all colorful, or is that in 6mths time?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin