Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,061   Online: 930

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

a week in Mexico

My wife and I just spent a week in Mexico. We were staying in San Miguel de Allende. I called Jorge (he lives about 40 miles from there) and we spent a couple of days shooting and talking large format. We were invited to Jorge's house and he cooked rice and prawns for the afternoon meal on Thursday. I got to see his darkroom and it is a very nice one indeed. But the highlight is meeting his new puppy, Annaka. She is the prettest Yellow Lab I have ever seen.

lee\c

Shooter
    Large Format
    It was a pleasure to meet another appuger. Unfortunatelly I could only spend a couple of days with Lee, as I had some work commitments. Hopefully he will come down again. I miss having someone to talk LF with.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Had a feeling Jorge wasn't working out of a bathroom.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John McCallum
    Had a feeling Jorge wasn't working out of a bathroom.
    Did that for more years than I care to remember, finally when I built my house here, the first and most important thing was the DR...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ahhh - there's hope for some of us! Got Annaka trained to rock the trays yet Jorge?!!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John McCallum
    Ahhh - there's hope for some of us! Got Annaka trained to rock the trays yet Jorge?!!
    LOL....nope, but she did have fun just now with the gelating for carbon prints....she used to be yellow....now looks more like brown with some yellow spots...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'll be in San Miguel before the end of the year. My first trip 3 weeks ago to Mexico City and a day of country side just wetted my appetite for more. Hopefully this next time my girlfriend won't mind me taking more photographic time..... now I'm wondering how much she can carry?

How was San Miguel anyways. Did you check the real estate prices?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK Guy's!!! I have waited long enough, where is the picture of Jorge and Lee?

Did you get to go out a do the magic you two can do?
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by photomc
    OK Guy's!!! I have waited long enough, where is the picture of Jorge and Lee?

Did you get to go out a do the magic you two can do?
    Well, I took Lee out to an abandoned mining town which has become more popular. He took a few pictures, I was just the assistant...

As it turns out he likes churches and colonial architecture better, so next time I will have more places for him to see. Carol, lee's wife took a few pics of us so I am sure Lee will have them up.

Wayne, when you come down give me a call, I will meet you in San Miguel.

BTW, I had the chance of seeing some prints Lee brought down, he had some very beautiful prints, he is able to capture the luminosity in the highlights with very subtle detail. My favorite was a church picture.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    How was San Miguel anyways. Did you check the real estate prices?

San Miguel is a nice place. Very crowded and exciting. I did not check the real estate prices but have it on my wife's word that we can't afford it so I did not ask.

Jorge will tell you he doesn't like San Miguel, but it is a nice picturesque town.

lee\c

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin