Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,546   Online: 1036

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hi everybody

Shooter
    Medium Format

hi everybody

hi,

wow, i just found this website while randomly surfing the net, and boy am i glad i did! i'll probably be putting in a lot of time looking through the posts, articles, and images.

i'm 28 years old, currently living in champaign, IL. i'm from chicago, but spiritually i'm from new york. i am/was a fine arts/photography student at loyola, where i finished all of the photo classes but still haven't graduated. also finished a minor in philosophy.

i hate all things digital, because art, for me, is about making the thing, the physical "art object". (sorry if i overintellectualize everything that's the philosophy side of the brain talking) however, i realize i can't be a luddite when it comes to commercial work, though, which i still hope to get into. so far, i've made $3 on photography

generally i now shoot medium format with mamiya 7ii (my baby) and fuji ga-645 rangefinders, but i love my inconspicuous little contax 35mm point-and-shoot as well. last year, i got to use a borrowed 4x5 view camera and totally fell in love with it, but alas i can't afford one right now i print my own color, b&w, and ilfochrome. lately i've been experiencing a total creative lull and haven't taken more than snapshots for months. but i do have some ideas stewing in the back of my head...

you're all welcome to take a look at my crappy website, http://www.peterosuchowski.com, but i'll definitely be posting work in the image gallery, and hopefully getting some nice, brutal feedback. i look forward to meeting the other members of this site and participating in all of its aspects!

peace,
    peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wecome Peter, contribute and enjoy.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Images
    Welcome Peter,

I'm sure that you will find this place both informative and inspiring to shake you out of your lull. I sure did .
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    By the way. Wecome is the English spelling of the American word Welcome - and if you believe that you will believe anything
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Peter,
    You wandered into a great site. Enjoy your many visits here, cause I'm sure you'll be back often.
    gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Welcome to the site. I also was very happy when I found this site. I'm a 35mm range finder photog starting to expand into medium format.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Osuchowski
    generally i now shoot medium format with mamiya 7ii (my baby)
    Another Mamiya 7II (my baby too) user.

Welcome Welcome Welcome

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome from Canada. We spell "welcome" the same way as the Yanks. Or at least our "l's" aren't stuck LOL. Checked out your website. You have some interesting stuff. I am sure you will find this sight inspiring to say the least.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Peter!

Do we really wander into a place like this, or is it fate/destiny that brings us here? Either way, it is home! So welcome home from your neighbor to the north!

Jeanette
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Typing upside down as we speak .... Welcome from DownUnder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin