Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,657   Online: 1109

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from another APUGger in Minnesota, St Paul to be exact.

I LOVE my Rolleiflex too, so I understand how you feel. If you are in the Twin Cities, a few of us have gotten together in the past and really ought to schedule something again, so you can join us if you wish. Also, there is a group here for folks in Minnesota. Just go to the groups tab at the top and you can find it there.

Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What would have really been cool is if i had all his other cameras that he had.
    I have two of his four Rollei's, he had another Tele-Rollei and a 3.5/75mm
    Rollei (not sure of exact model name). His estate papers only show the serial
    number for the taking lens not the actual cameras, so im not sure if one could
    determine the model by the lens number. He also had a lot of Nikons (i have
    three of his), a Hasselblad and many many accessories and lenses for all, which were given to the rest of the family. There are not many people left in the family so
    who knows what has happened to most of his equipment.

My mom also told me that when he died his sister received most of his stuff, i
    think mostly pictures, scripts, etc. Which she donated to the University of
    Texas in Austin. So this year i might have to get down there to see his stuff!

Andy
    Last edited by andys93integra; 02-04-2011 at 01:16 PM. Click to view previous post history.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    A lovely story..welcome to APUGland!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome to the mob! BTW what was your Great Uncle's name and is there any of his work online for viewing? Keep having fun with the old stuff!
    cheers,
    sam

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome to APUG and to film cameras. Have fun. Learn to develop your own film. It is a real cost savings and so much fun! So glad that at least some of your Great Uncle's wonderful cameras found their way to someone who will use and appreciate them!
    -Lori

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Andrew - hello and welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts. Great story!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Im not sure if there is anything online, i doubt it, i have searched for some stuff but nothing at all.
    My Uncle's name is John Joseph Harris or just Jack Harris.

I also have some old slides of his, some from the movies he did, like the Magnificent Seven, Irma La Duce, and some others. I also have about a dozen rolls of 8mm film, i looked at them briefly and all of them are of dolphins (he worked on the movie called The Day of the Dolphin) except one. The last one is what i assume to be his own footage, which is a few minutes on the set of the Great Escape. So i don't know if that might be worth something. Id like to watch it, that would be fun, but i don't have a projector.

Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    G'day Andy - Wow! I envy you and your cine archive! Hope that after you view them (if you can find a projector 16mm or 8mm - which should not be too hard - ebay, craig's list, word of mouth etc. etc.) you can make a copy for posterity and perhaps put the footage into an archive (such as UCLA, Smithsonian etc. etc. - there are others too) Here in Australia the Archive will preserve the original footage and reward the donor with a DVD copy. Happy viewing oh and thanks for posting your uncle's name.....Good luck & cheers! sam

Shooter
    35mm
    Hey Andy - Seen this?? Jack Harris

This collection includes photographs and papers from one of Hollywood's greatest "still men," photographers who document the making of films. Films Harris photographed include The Ten Commandments, The Magnificent Seven, and The Apartment. A preliminary inventory is available.

http://www.hrc.utexas.edu/collections/film/holdings/
    cheers,
    sam

Shooter
    35mm

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin