Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,706   Posts: 1,482,851   Online: 1020

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Welcome to Santa Fe, OSU so you must have worked with Harrison Branch while you where there. One of the great teachers in the NW.

Jan Pietrzak

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome from Washington, DC!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hey, a New Mexican! Do people ever do meetups here?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Welcome from Istanbul built on two continents ,

Do you aware of Bostick and Sullivan at Santa Fe. You can pay an visit to them , may be see lots of different process prints and get some chemicals. May be they are the first in this chemicals distribution and production. You can either print on platin coated paper but I am thinking to positive develop the mid format films and tone with palladium. Palladium toner is cheaper than the platin one and comes more.
    If you look to the alternative processes forum , there is a thread belongs to this question.

And B&S organizes yearly meeting at Santa Fe and cost couple of hundreds. Dont forget to enroll this.
    Your camera is great and I advise you to try it with orange , red filters. I think there is lots of light there and it produces excellent results.

Umut

Shooter
    Large Format
    Depending on what kind of work you do, look up David Bram daviabram.com

Or Mac Read NMPhotoguide.com

Jan Pietrzak

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks guys,

I was actually at Bostick and Sullivan's yesterday to introduce myself and pickup some chemicals. I've been using them for years and actually forgot they were in Santa Fe until a fellow photographer reminded me. Pretty funny. Cool guys and I look forward to spending time learning their processes.

Thanks for the info Jan, I look forward to participating in a well established photo community.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Oh and Jan, I see you're running the Platinum and Palladium printing workshops. I think I will start saving so I can participate. I'm learning PMK and Pyro with the intent on using stained negs for this type of printing. Carbon as well. Thanks for the info and I look forward to meeting you.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yes, I will be doing two Platinum/Palladium Workshops at the end of September. Part one is beginning and part two is advanced/fine tuning. So send me a PM and I will send you out some information.

Jan Pietrzak

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin