Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,046   Posts: 1,610,768   Online: 806

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Everyone

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hi Everyone

I thought i had an account here but couldn't remember the pass or login email, it's been a long while

Anyway I'm pretty active over at Pentax forums but this is more suited for my medium format side
    I have an etrsi kit with 40/50/75/150 lenses and yesterday i picked up a mamiya super 23 with 100 f3.5 and 6x7 back for cheap (no darkslide unfortunately any hints on where to look)

Will likely have a lot of questions on this one as it looks like i will be doing some work on it, it works just not properly (RF needs adjustment and I think shutter needs CLA)

Any other Press users form the Toronto area?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello and welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Home Eddie !
    Last edited by M.A.Longmore; 02-17-2011 at 12:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG. Good luck on finding the dark slide.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome. While not in Toronto, I have a Super 23 with 6x7 and 6x9 backs that belonged to my father. It has a very good lens, in my opinion.

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks everyone
    and thanks Dave, I knew a little about the camera but have never used a leaf shutter camera before. I will be searching for the ground glass so i can take advantage of the movements (one of the reasons i bought it. and i can use it for now sans dark slide but I'd like to be able to change backs in future - not to mention it will be needed for using the glass (a 6x9 back is on my list as well.)

the one thing that seems wrong is when the shutter releases it is like a self timer waiting a second or 2 before releasing the shutter (it is releasing and appears to be working i'll know more once i get a roll through it and processed)
    the RF on quick examination seems off a film will confirm it, but it is easily adjusted as i understand it
    if I can get it where i want and find the other parts (which seem few and far between right now) I'll likely sell on the bronica kit which i've assembled over the last few years - ha what am i saying i horde camera equipment, and am sitting at 16 cameras and about 25 lenses right now not to mention all the other paraphenalia

I'm looking for a good repair guy locally, unfortunately they are now few and far between as well, all the ones I've used in the past have retired or passed away

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome, Eddie, from Washington DC! Try giving KEH a call/poke on their website. They're a great source for all kinds of strange, exotic accessories. If not them, try one of the remaining camera swap meets that come around a couple times a year to major metropolitan areas. I don't know if there's one in Toronto, but maybe just this side of the border in New York or Michigan there's one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome back, Eddie.
    Thank you.
    -CW

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks Scott, nothing on KEH at the moment (some of my Bronica gear came from them)

we get a few swap meets up here i missed one in January next one is probably in the late spring

If i get the 6x9 back i'm watching which has a dark slide i should be able to get the thickness and fabricate one if need be
    I know they are slimmer than a lot of the others

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Eddie I hop you enjoy being here.

Jeff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin