Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,720   Online: 872

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

Good afternoon, APUG!

Hi there. My name is Eric and I've been lurking in the forums for awhile, but finally decided to introduce myself.

Where to begin... I live in Grand Rapids, MI and am 30 years old. I shoot mostly portraiture on 35mm using mostly rangefinders. I try to be a conceptual photographer in that I come up with an idea and then attempt to execute it to the best of my abilities. My wife models quite a bit for me and is my creative partner in most of my photography.

I started in photography about 10 years ago when I was going to Kalamazoo Valley Community College in Kalamazoo, MI. I had enrolled in the graphic design program and taking introductory black and white photography was one of the required classes. I fell in love the first time I saw the film that I developed come out of the tank with images on it.

Over the years, I have had an on-again/off-again relationship with photography. I bought a digital SLR a couple of years ago, but it just didn't do it for me. Then, I started reading Ken Rockwell and how easy it was to get color film developed/printed/scanned at Costco. I picked up my old Argus RF and started shooting again. That's when I fell back in love with photography. I built a small darkroom in my basement for developing black and white film and have since developed a hybrid workflow. Seems to be the best of both worlds for what I do.

Anyhow, looking forward to getting to know everyone on the forum.

If you'd like to check out my work, you can find it here. Looking forward to learning from some veterans!
    You can see some of my portfolio here.

Shooting 35mm with a Voigtländer Bessa R2 w/ Canon Serenar 35mm f2.8, Summitar 50mm, Elmar 90mm

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG. Nice to see a fellow reverter (back from the digital). Your flickr portfolio is great, you have a creative eye.

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks for the kind words! I don't know what it is about film, but I'm always excited when I open a film canister, shut off the lights to begin loading a reel, or pull the finished negatives out of the tank and see the results. Digital just doesn't provide that feeling for me!

Shooting 35mm with a Voigtländer Bessa R2 w/ Canon Serenar 35mm f2.8, Summitar 50mm, Elmar 90mm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Film has character and soul. Digital has ... ink spots.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh great... another hipster dufus.

Bienvenidos!
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    35mm
    Digital's all well and fine as long as you never care about printing what you shoot.

How else are you going to (easily) take pictures of your film cameras to post about online?

Welcome, hip!
    -Markster

Canon AE-1P 35mm | 50mm/f1.8 FDn | 28mm/2.8 FD | 70-200mm/f4-5 FD | 35-70mm/F2.8-3.5 Sigma FD

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Ha, my wife has a Panasonic LX5 and I think the only thing I've ever used it for was to take pictures of my film cameras to sell!

I know I should start wet-printing, but the ongoing costs/required ventilation associated with it frighten me. Perhaps APUG will convince me yet!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't worry, I have no ventilation....and the doctors are saying the prognosis looks good.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    No ventilashun and thare r know syde affects yett.

Welkum 2 Filmland!
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin