Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,737   Online: 1089

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUG from Dorset!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leetastic View Post
    Thanks for the reply Tom, it really is an interesting aspect the way that a lot of Colleges and Universities are just removing the analogue aspect to photography, but as I see, without having started using Film, I don't think I'd understand any where near any of the technical aspects of photography that I know and love today.

By simply starting with the fundamental principles of photography, it can always lay down a fantastic ground work for fully understanding how a camera works. With todays digital era, alot of people simply rely on automatic mode, which for me as a practical photography is really disheartening that people just point and click their camera and they believe that their final image is the best thing since sliced bread.

Sorry if this has turned in to a bit of a rant, but its always good to be in contact with like-minded film users who seem to share the same passion as myself
    I agree. Many of the concepts behind how we work in Photoshop are directly related to darkroom techniques, especially areas such as curves and masking. If you are not already in possession of a copy, I'd thoroughly recommend the 2nd edition of 'Way Beyond Monochrome':
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Way-Beyond-M...9114027&sr=8-1

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's no decline with film here. I give the security folks at my office a heart attack every time I enter the office because of the camera bag I carry. They hate searching it.
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning...It smells like...PHOTOGRAPHY!

The photo blog has moved...
    I Love Film : by Susan McNutt, the mad photographer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin