Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,926   Posts: 1,522,139   Online: 898

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kat, Cheryl, and Heli,

Thank you all for the welcome. and, Kat, thank you for the thoughtful comments on my photos. It's very encouraging to get feedback. Cheryl, I have admired your work while I was lurking here over the summer. Something to aspire to. I think you are right about intuition with kids. Ever since are started to photograph them more seriously, I find that I am always observing them, even when I don't have my camera. The way they move and explore, the way light hits their hair, all that stuff. Like you say, photographing kids should serve me well too in other areas of photography! And Heli, your portraits are beautiful. I love photography where form and content cannot be separated. Your faces are landscapes; all light shadow and form. Cheers!

Albuquerque 2.5 years, 13 years Kona, Hawaii, 7.5 years Alaska RR. railbelt.
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Revy
    ..... Quick question, if anyone looks in here again, any forums here to help with scanning? I always feel that my scans don't do my prints justice.
    Hi Suzanne,

...and thanks for the welcome on my "introduction". re: scans; I haven't done any research lately, and I don't know what your budget is right now, but I would like to suggest the Epson Perfection 2450. There are some very well rated scanners in the $2000 up range, but I settled on the Epson for about $500 at my local Circuit City. It was well rated in its price range and supposedly has a "sweet spot" for 4x5. I would imagine that it does as well for 6x7cm. Another thing I would like to suggest is an inexpensive software developed by Ed Hamrick called Vuescan. http://www.hamrick.com/index.html It is compatible with Mac and Windows and supports 330 models of scanners.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin