Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,839   Online: 744

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hi from Massashusetts

Hi, my name is Suzanne, and I found this site just surfing, and I've been lurking for a couple of months. There is some great work here, and looks like some great technical info too.

I first became interested in photography years ago in high school, and even majored in it in college. Then a pesky thing called "making a living" got in the way. But, I was still involved in photography, working as a photo editor at a couple of magazines. About five years ago, after having kids, I found myself shooting more and more b/w film. (You know, black and white naked baby pictures!) I got frustrated with sending it out to commercial labs, and I finally took the plunge about a year and a half ago, and built a darkroom. After close to twenty years, I was happily printing my own work again. It's like riding a bike, you just don't forget!

For the most part, my kids, their friends and cousins are my main subjects, with an occasional landscape thrown in. In the past I shot 35mm, but recently started shooting with a Mamiya 7. I have also started shooting the occasional "fine art portrait" for clients, and with the start of the school year, I should be able to get some more printing done, and will post some images soon. I'm new to forums like this, and I hope I haven't gone on too long!

Images
    I first became interested in photography years ago in high school, and even majored in it in college. Then a pesky thing called "making a living" got in the way.
    That's a pretty common story around here.

Welcome Suzanne. Join in the give and take. It's a great site.
    Looking forward to seeing your work in the galleries.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome to the forum from the state of Hawaii. You will find people from all over the world here, all sharing the same love. Looking forward to seeing some of you photos.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Images
    Good Evening, Suzanne,

Welcome! If you're using 6 x 7, I'm sure you've already discovered how much easier it is to print the large negative compared to 35mm. When you start thinking about 4 x 5, you'll really be addicted.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Suzanne from Springfield Mass. Good to see another Bay Stater here. Please check out the NE APUG Get together thread in the Members Organized Function forum.
    I know that you will enjoy your visits here.
    gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Suzanne!

This is a great site with loads of information! I am looking forward to seeing your prints in the gallery!

jeanette
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you for the warm welcome. I've posted a few photos in the standard gallery. I have a lot printing to do from my MF negs, and will post as I get them done. Quick question, if anyone looks in here again, any forums here to help with scanning? I always feel that my scans don't do my prints justice.

Shooter
    35mm
    hi, Suzanne, one warm welcome deserves another, so howdy! i'll check out your gallery as soon as i leave this thread..i hope you find a good scanning thread here because i'll soon be needing it too! besos y abazos..kat~

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm a bit late in joining in, but welcome, Suzanne! It's great to have more "kid shooters" on the board. I think photographing kids forces me to work very intuitively, which is a quality that serves me well in other kinds of photography. If ya want a challenge, photographing kids is the way to go!

Anyway, welcome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Suzanne, a warm welcome to this forum! I'm also a "kid shooter" like Cheryl.
    - Heli

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin