Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,701   Posts: 1,482,633   Online: 765

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Hello from the Deep South

After lurking for a while I thought I would sign up and introduce myself. First, 'Thank You,' to all the folks who share their knowledge on this site. I am stunned at the cornucopia of information here.

I am getting back into photography after giving it up when everything went digital. I used to do a lot of B/W work starting in junior high - in the dark ages. Back then I did some freelance photojournalism and just basically made up reasons to shoot, develop, and print. Recently my daughter expressed interest in photography, but there was no way we could get her into digital, and frankly I just don't like it and neither does she. I had sold my gear years ago, so I found her a Nikon FG and a couple of lenses. In the bargain the seller threw in a ragged out looking F3HP body and lens for free so that I could join in the fun. It looks like it has been through a war, but it works flawlessly. Holding that brought back a flood of memories. It could have been mine.

So, now we are shooting. She wants to learn to develop film, and someday we will need to rig up a bathroom/darkroom. Fun stuff.

My knowledge is old. So, I may ask some questions that are anachronistic!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Home Lawrence !
    And a warm welcome to your Daughter also !
    Where are you buying your equipment ?
    I would love to buy a camera, and have an F3HP with lens thrown in !
    Last edited by M.A.Longmore; 04-02-2011 at 08:42 AM. Click to view previous post history.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well howdy-doo. At least you're passing it along to the next generation. That's awesome. Welcome to APUG.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Lawrence. I'm glad that your daughter is carrying on the tradition.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUG. Your knowledge might be old but it is still great!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello and welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, where are you located you can put that in your bio. I am located just outside of Memphis and if you are close enough I have a DR that when finished will be open to others.

You just described my situation. My daughter wanted to get into photography so I bought several cameras and lenses for $50 from a buddy who owns a pawn shop so that I could teach her. Now all she wants to do is digi.

You might consider becoming a subscriber so that you can post your daughters and your work in the gallery.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A warm welcome from Finland. My daughter is semi-interested in photography and I hope to lure her in to the DR some day.

r

Mats
    Digital is for communication, film is for documentation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/studiopirilo

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG and all the very best to you both!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG!

How Deep South? Tierra del Fuego? Antarctica?

Interested readers want to know!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin