Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,937   Posts: 1,585,632   Online: 729

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi Kat,welcome aboard.Somehow I feel as though we've already met on this site!I am looking forward to seeing your images.

We need to win the popular vote if not the whole magila.[/QUOTE]

mrcallow-I'm prepared to vote also(do they allow write in votes anymore)I'm thinking of Homer J. Simpson(he's honest if nothing else,yeah sure he's only two dimensional but I make no value judgements on the dimensionally challenged)-just kidding,of course...
    "An object never performs the same function as its name or its image"-Rene Magritte

"An image of a dog does not bite"-William James applied to photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    ...the chemicals do not smell the same as the bread...
    Damn! I wonder what I'm doing wrong then. I'm following the recipes in the Tachihara Bread Book*.

Anyway, welcome Kat.

Best,
    Helen

*Explanatory note for non-hippies etc: Edward Espe Brown's 'Tassajara Bread Book' is a classic of wholefood cookery and was required reading when it came out in '70.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You bought that book very 2nd hand ... didn't you Helen .

Quote Originally Posted by kathleen fonseca
    ...So next year this time, who knows? Maybe i'll be processing and printing as well, huh? ...
    That just might not take as long as you expect. BTW I remember seeing some of your pics previously, as well. Just remember here the initials UF stand for ultra large format . Very much looking forward to seeing some more of your work Kat. Best, John.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kat,

I'm new here too but still would like to welcome you. Nice, that here are so "many" women ! Usually these sites are quite manly but let's give them "womanly" way to see the world !
    - Heli

Shooter
    Large Format
    Maybe the tone of the site is due to all us "girlie men" who find macho rhetorical displays unenlightening ;-) Anyway, welcome to traditional photography. I've considered moving to Costa Rica, are there any bugs? My wife is tired of all the palmetto bugs here in Florida - not to mention the hurricanes.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by doughowk
    Maybe the tone of the site is due to all us "girlie men" who find macho rhetorical displays unenlightening ;-) Anyway, welcome to traditional photography. I've considered moving to Costa Rica, are there any bugs? My wife is tired of all the palmetto bugs here in Florida - not to mention the hurricanes.
    I can't speak to Costa Rica, but I can talk about Hawaii. There are few bugs here, other than the indestructable roach or two, no snakes (they are illegal here). The cost of living is quite high (median home price here on Oahu is $260,000).
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yea, I use Photoshop and a inkjet printer.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleen fonseca
    I'm an American woman who has lived in Costa Rica for a number of years. i majored in art a long time ago and never considered photography because i was intimidated by the technical aspects of it. I'm still intimidated but determined! i started shooting digital 4 years ago and was hooked totally. i have longed to know more about film and several months ago put the digital away in the back of the closet, determined to do this film thing. i am shooting with a Nikon F100 and a Leica Mini-Lux Zoom p&s for the street. i really love film, am entranced by the tangible, physical characteristics of film. i love seeing it in my fridge..i love loading a new roll and smelling that fresh film smell, i love bringing my completed rolls to the lab, i love the contact sheets and the negs, i love that it's all so, so, well ANALOG! i have not learned to scan yet but i just bought a scanner and will be climbing up that learning curve real soon. i do have one question..while this is a traditional photography site, do any of you use Photoshop at all? i mean, surely some of you are using a digital darkroom and printing on an inkjet printer...arn't you??? Anyway, thanks for all your help, support and suggestions...i hope to get to know as many of you as possible through your images, comments and forum threads. Regards: kat~
    Hi Kathleen,
    Welcome to the site.
    I for one will own up to having feet in both digital and analog camps, with a collection of computers and printers to feed. However, like some others here I cannot find the quality output in the digital world, so remain with the tradiitional methods.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    i love loading a new roll and smelling that fresh film smell
    Sounds like something from Apocalypse Now....

Welcome!!

joe

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi, Robert..thanks for the welcome...sorry i wasn't back earlier to thank you but came down with the flu..i'll show my tropics if you show your tropics ..kat~

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin