Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,259   Online: 1012

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Hello from the Wild Mid-west, land of crazy weather!

Hi everyone,
    I've been lurking for a couple months now, and finally decided to register and post. My first camera, back in the '70s was a Kodak Instamatic. My parents gave it to me but the flash no longer worked (it used flash cubes) so I could only use it for outdoor photos. Mom and Dad shot slide film, so I did too.

In the mid '80s I got a CHEAP 35mm (think along the lines of a Holga). IN '88 I moved up to a Pentax ME Super. Wonderful SLR. Picked up a P30T in the mid 90's to use as a second body for B&W.

In 2001 I went over to the numeric, filmless side of photography. Stayed there for 10 years. Got a scanner for Christmas to digitize my old photos. As I was going through the file cabinet looking for a specific set of pictures to scan, my son (who is a big Penguins of Madagascar fan, but I digress) walked in and saw some slides in sleeves. His eyes got big and he said with wonder, "Dad, what are these?" I told him what they were and he said "Can we look at them?" I said sure, if my slide projector (which was still in the garage) still worked we would have a slide show that night. Went and got the slide projector which hadn't been used in 12 years out, and it still worked!

That night my nephew happened to come over and we looked at my pictures of Yellowstone projected 2' x 3' on the wall. My nephew told me "These look better than Digital." I still knew where my P30T was so got it out (the 35-70mm zoom that was attached to it doesn't stop down any more but the 50mm prime lens and the 500mm cat lens still work) and ran a roll of film through it. It still worked, so here I am. Looking forward to finishing off my first roll of slide film in 10 years and projecting them on the wall in a darkened room.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUG! I hope you enjoy being here!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Home ME Super !

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello and welcome to the family. My kids get a kick out of shooting slides and putting on an old fashioned show when they get new ones back from the lab.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great story, welcome back, and welcome to APUG!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Welcome.

We are having some crazy weather!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome home.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello ME... welcome to APUG from another ME Super user.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Sub 35mm

Salon de coiffure

Salut à vous tous ,

Pour commencer , donnez-moi la possibilité de vous démontrer mon appréciation pour chacune des super informations que j'ai retrouvées sur cet imposant site web .

Je ne suis pas assuree d'être au bon section mais je n'en ai pas trouvé de meilleur.

J'habite à Ross , ca . J'ai 35 années et j'ai deux très gentils enfants qui sont tous âgés entre cinq et 12 années (1 est adoptée ). J'aime particulièrement beaucoup les animaux et je tempte de leur donner les articles qui leur rendent l'existance plus festive .

Merci d'avance pour toutes les super délibérations dans le futur et je vous remercie de votre compréhension pour mon français moins qu'idéal : ma langue maternelle est l'espagnol et je fais de mon mieux d'apprendre mais c'est très ardu !

Bye bye

Arthru
    bien choisir son salon de coiffure

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin