Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,217   Online: 880

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hello!

I've been lurking for about a month now. I'm happy to see a large group of film people in one place.

I've been wondering though, where is the APUG merchandise dept. with the t-shirts that say - "Speak analog or shut up!" - ?

Since I'm new here, I brought you all a gift - click the link below.

Enjoy!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome. We used to have T-shirts, coffee mugs etc with the Apug logo but they are no longer on offer it seems.
    Regards
    Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to Apug! Good to see our crew growing. Hope you will enjoy the forum & the knowledgable people here!
    Jeanette
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome to the site

Looking into t-shirts at the moment..

Shooter
    4x5 Format

T-Shirts?

Sean, instead of or in addition too T-Shirts, how about a Press-on or Sew-on APUG.ORG Logo for our Dark Cloths, or Camera Bags, or Hat, heck what about an APUG.ORG Tatoo?
    "He who expecteth nothing,
    Shall not be disappointed." Robert Willingham, 1907

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    probably time to startup an apug merchandise thread, will get some discussion going this weekend

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome JD to APUG. Besides the friendly advise and lively discusions, these threads can meander quite a bit. This is a very enjoyable place to visit.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Images
    Over the weekend, I was about to do some hiking and shooting in a local natural park (mostly just paths cut through a forest). As I got out of my car, not a minute after I threw on my official, 'unofficial APUG photo vest' and was busy hanging my gear all over myself, I heard a voice say, "Analog? What is that?". I have a relatively sensitive sarcasm detector so I looked up smiling to see a fellow following his kids to his car. He stopped and , still in poker-faced sarcasm mode said, "I think that my Grandfather did that". This started a brief conversation on the state of photography that was soon joined by a third random person with an opinion who happened to be wandering past. The chat was quickly and abruptly ended by his impatient children waiting in the car and my impatience to get into the park and burn some film but it was a nice way to start the hike.

Hey Sean, I think it's about time to roll out that new Spring or, (for those of us North of the Equator), Fall line of APUGwear. Maybe even some novelties.... APUG coffee mugs... APUG frisbees... APUG Handrubbed Teakwood 12x20 field cameras with 24k Gold plated hardware. You know, just the standard promotional stuff.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks all for the welcome.

OK, here goes.... uh hmm... *standing up* ... ahhhh.. my name is JD and... uhh... I'm a filmaholic... *sits again abruptly*

BTW, I've noticed a bit of dilemma in what to call the other side. I think we all should at least agree on terminology before battle, eh? I don't like digital anymore than I liked Disco (if you don't know what Disco is and have never seen a blue flash-cube, then your nose hair is not growing fast enough yet) -- and, y'know, they share a bit in common. Over-hyped, over-rated, synthetic, shallow, commercialized ad nauseum, etc.

So I have taken to calling them Disco cameras, Disco jockeys, etc. I'd love to see it as short-lived as the... umm... music?

It works pretty good, watch...
    Disco ink
    Disco paper
    Disco shooter

It goes real well with all the not-so-polite phrases too!

Better terminology anyone?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome in from the lurk

"The other side"? oooooo you mean the digi-heads. Nar they ain't the other side, they are just those among us that we need to teach how to take pictures instead of them pointing and shooting then PS'ing for the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin