Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,588   Online: 1100

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Anthony.

FWIW, differential equations are entirely relevant to the measurement of acutance .

Hope you enjoy it here.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUG! I hope you enjoy being here.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great intro Anthony! Welcome to APUG.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another warm welcome, Anthony. This one from the Great Pacific Northwest. And another sincere thank you for your service.

So Katy, Texas?

As in M-K-T?
    As in railroad?
    As in Taj Mahal and James Rachell?
    As in Jake and Elwood?

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 05-10-2011 at 02:00 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks everyone.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I read at National Geographic Web Site that Martinez name is the most frequently used name in California.
    Welcome to APUG.

Umut

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wouldn't surprise me if that was true for Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas as well. Martinez and Smith both take up significant portions of phonebooks in any state bordering Mexico.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Anthony. I hope that you find a 4x5 camera to suit you.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks, Charles. I still have some thin brass stock, so I believe I may build a 4x5 pinhole. I've built a pinhole camera that works rather well with 120 roll film (though I need to cut a red-window for the frame numbers soon). I can see no reason why I shouldn't give it a shot in 4x5 as an entry point. Perhaps I'll do that this weekend just to see how it comes out.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Anthony ,

Do you know Anamorphic Pinhole Cameras record on 6x17 film ? www.f295.org is a good place to learn and check the results plus construction plans free. You need to find forums buttons and there are thousands of pictures recorded with pinhole , zone plate or what is the current technology. You dont need to subscribe them to view the results.
    120 film is easier for you and I dont cant think you will have business with the zone system , beyond the zone system while you are with 4 x 5 pinhole so why go in to trouble.
    If you buy 250 microns pinhole from lenox laser and go for the anamorphic camera , you will have faraway sharper pictures and 6 x 17 positives or negatives.
    I think your Mamiya is great also.

Umut

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin