Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,001   Posts: 1,524,384   Online: 924

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hello from the Central Coast of California.

Hello there everyone.

I'm somewhat of a newbie to film. I've been lurking here for a bit and I'm finding out that this site is a wealth of information on just about everything related to film photography and processing.

So a little about how I wound up here. I use to shoot my buddies skateboarding back in the 80's without much care for the process. Shoot, drop off the film at Walgreen's and repeat. The camera was probably in P or A mode if it had one but it didn't really matter at that point. Fast forward a couple decades and I found myself buying a Nikon D70s and learning all I could about how photography works. Then another digital camera.... This time a D300s and I was learning even more about photography and lighting. Then I got a Holga 120N.... Talk about going backwards, right? Yeah I know the Holga is a piece of junk but the photos that came out of it were amazing!! They had this intangible quality that my digital work didn't have, a drastically different feel to them. I hate the buzzword but they were way more 'organic' looking than my digital photos. So the Holga was my 'gateway drug', so to speak, that got me interested in shooting film again.

Before he died my Grandfather gave me his old Minolta XG-7 which I've been shooting with a lot and I just recently purchased a Bronica SQ. When I was shooting with my Holga and looking at the pictures from it I always wondered what it would be like to shoot with a 'real' medium format camera. So with a little luck I ended up with the SQ. Now I just have to get use to everything being backwards in the viewfinder....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUG. I hope you enjoy your cameras. I enjoy using medium format cameras.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello and welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts. Enjoy the Bronica, it's a great camera.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Welcome for the norther California coast! Still loving the square, but also 8x10!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We love it when lurkers come in from the cold. Welcome to APUG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the welcome, everyone. Glad to be here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG.
    Charles Hohenstein

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin