Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,403   Online: 1040

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Heelllloooooo, new to film, new to APUG.

I've been shooting digital (Canon 5D Mark II) for about 2 years now, that's about it. Before that I had a measly 400D and just messed around, pretty boring stuff, just taking abstract photos, friends, family, stuff like that. But eventually I wanted to do more, I liked it, a lot. So I started on digital.

After a while I wanted more, and I want to explore the real in depth light and culture of photography. I wanted to go deeper into the personal journey... just explore. So I decided to get into film. My first few rolls were on a 35mm Canon SLR. I liked it, a lot, but I also wanted to shoot more higher quality portraits, and 35mm film felt too small.

I got a Mamiya RB67 (from one extreme to the other?) and two lenses, the 90mm f/3.8 and the 180mm f/4.5, I love them. But mostly use the 180mm. It really became an addiction.

Now I have a Mamiya 645 Pro TL with a 80mm f/1.9 and a 150mm f/3.5, both are excellent and I love this camera. I shoot both Mamiya cameras equally, as they both offer advantages over the other.

I do my own scanning with an Epson V600. I've been getting better with color scans, but it's still a bit of a struggle. Tempted to start sending my work to pro labs such as RPL in the USA (even though I'm in Canada), but for black and white I feel pretty confident.

Anyways, I prefer portraits and such, this is my life, and my obsession.

I look forward to contributing to this community.

Regards from Edmonton, Canada! Any places I should head to first, or take part in first on the forums?

Cheers!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello and welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts USA. You have two great cameras. Enjoy your visits to the land of film.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks! I'll try!

I should maybe upload some photos to the galleries? Haha. Cheers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Definitely upload all you have, go to all the forum threads, dive in the deep end! This is a great community of people who love film- made all the better by another eager photo-nut. Welcome aboard, SandyPhimester.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey! Welcome to APUG from a Canadian expat living in Japan. You're welcome on all the forums and after a while I expect that you'll find where you're most comfortable. Cheers!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG from a fellow Canadian! (Toronto, via Montreal, Saskatoon and Kitchener-Waterloo)
    Nikon 35mm, Mamiya 645 & RB67, Leica IIIb, other bits and pieces

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome to the asylum from another Canadian inmate. Have and enjoy both the Mamiyas you shoot. You'll enjoy hanging out here. Anyone else from Edmonton speak APUG???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi! and welcome to APUG. I have an RB67 myself. I have a 50, 90, and a 180 lens.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome! I shoot with a Mamiya RZ. Scanning is great, but you should print the negs when you get a chance. 16x20 prints are beautiful and grainless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin