Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,913   Posts: 1,556,260   Online: 869

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Greetings from the Cotswolds, uk

Hello everyone. I discovered this group a week ago and am delighted to have joined. I live in a small village north of Bath in the west of England (great photography country!) and have been using film cameras since 1978, when I bought my first one second hand - a big and beautiful black Pentax SV with a coupled light meter... I so wish I still had it!
    I have never really left film photography, although I do also use a digital camera and Aperture 3 on occasion (can I say that here?!). My 1st love is film, though, and I mainly use rangefinders... I have a Contax IIa and a Leica 3g, both of which are really so amazing to use, well engineered and gorgeous... I've also got a Mamiya RZ67 Pro with a few lenses and accessories, and I was fortunate enough to snap up a Gossen Lunasix 3 light meter with a spot attachment, in my view the best ever hand held meter!
    I love taking pictures, and tend towards rural and urban landscapes - open countryside, cityscapes, old industrial scenes, I try to capture them all, and have just begun to process films again after 33 years.....!!
    So, there you go, a bit about me. I really look forward to chatting with you all.
    All the best
    Michael

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Good morning and welcome, you are in a very beautiful part of the country which I have yet to explore with my camera, so post some pics to inspire me

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thanks for the swift reply, Shaggysk! I've uploaded a couple of scanned images of a local tree(!), but I do have more local shots on negative which I will scan and post over the weekend. I was very pleased with the quality of using medium format (first time I had ever strayed from 35mm), but I noticed that you use 4x5 - must be fantastic to enlarge with such amazing detail! All the best; Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG Michael!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Michael! Welcome to APUG.

Jeff

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You're within striking distance of some of the best bits of England, even if the local water does taste a bit funny

Maybe we could have an APUG shoot-out in the area and tempt Shaggysk8 to blow a few sheets.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Michael.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Michael - hello and welcome to APUG from western New England.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin