Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,487   Online: 931

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Silent Soliloquy on Flickr Living in SLC Utah

My Life through a Mamiya RB 67 and a Rollei 35, as well as occasional Nikon P5100 digital point and shoot shenanigans.

Taken with Mamiya RB 67 and 50mm Mamiya Sekor lens, Tiffen 25A red filter, and tripod in mirror up mode using Ilford Delta 100 Professional in 6x7 format.

My inspiration is sebastiao Salgado's vision for mood and composition, while my ambition is landscape and skyskape in Northern and southern Utah.

Also Taken with Mamiya RB 67 and 50mm Mamiya Sekor lens, Tiffen 25A red filter, and tripod in mirror up mode using Ilford a Delta 100 Professional in 6x7 format.

The Mamiya taught me to see like this, composing through a waist level viewfinder and viewing the DOF preview in an instant.

I am slowly learning a methodology for seeing the world in splendid detail one frame at a time. My goal and ambition are to build my own darkroom and learn the techniques to produce my own quality art prints to share and sell to people who are fans of photography as a tradesmans efforts, blood, sweat, and tears.
    "Often you will discover in life, that temerity yields little that quiet observation and decisive action can!"

Shooter
    35mm
    Nice groove.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice photos... and hello and welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Rockin images Scott!
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Excellent pictures! I love to use my RB67 with a 50.

Jeff

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Thank you guys soo much! your encouragement really means alot to me.
    I know with more movements from a LF camera those images could have been more impressive and interesting especially when processed out to large prints, but the RB is all I have for now. Frankly I love this camera more than any I have ever used. (havent used that many actually)
    Rob When are those Workshops? I have a hall pass for higher art education.

For those of you who dont know, I am recently set to explore a day in Coyote Buttes at the Wave on the 25th of July 2011, entering from the north at Wire Pass. (wish le luck, I may need it)

Just purchased my first wide brim hat at REI for the occasion (sort of like Jbrunner's only Black and Wool) I am very excited about the hat actually.

I am hiking in a Soligor spot meter, a sturdy aluminum Manfrotto tripod with beefy ball head, a Mamiya dual cable release and the RB67 with 3 6x7 backs (I probably only need 2) and 2 instant backs into the Wave. I will be shooting both Color and BW at the same time when a scene looks worthy. My second camera is a Nikon P5100 with a wide lens for shooting fast and loose, Trip documenting, scene spotting and keeping the wife busy. if you have any tips I would take them gladly!

Recently I have grown rather frustrated that Fuji FP-100B production is cancelled while the Instax line is being promoted to the hipster movement (Kill the art supply and foster the short term trend...I see how it is!). Why couldnt they have made a cool new retro packfilm camera; perhaps a folder with a good lens (I would buy it along with the Hipster set), besides Holgaroids typically use pack film! With a new instant pack film camera fuji could promote Fuji's entire Instant product line and maintain it instead of phasing them out one by one!? I think I now know what so many felt when Kodachrome was cancelled! It is a deep frustration that grows with time!
    Last edited by smcclarin; 07-13-2011 at 02:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Often you will discover in life, that temerity yields little that quiet observation and decisive action can!"

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    The Wave Freaking Blew My mind! have to go back!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG. Nice photos.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello and Welcome to APUG! really awesome shots u got there!

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    After scanning a 6x7 negative at 4600DPI I find I am instanty feeling the pull to a larger format and a larger system, anyone else experience this urge?
    It is a real pleasure to show some of my images to give you all a feel for why I am here.

In its most distilled essence, I enthusiastically enjoy being forced, thruogh the manually operated photogrpahic film process, to look at and think about the world in a different way, which didn't necessarily happen to me using Digital imagery. Though I know my initial posts are a sophmoric attempt at approaching what many of you here have mastered (beyond the camera and composition and tone, and further into, film development Chemistry, printing, Paper selection, image manipulation ect.) All of which can be elevated to arforms in their own right.

I am very greatful for your kind comments in lieu of my inexperience, and look foreward to learning from such a great local and international community of artists and photographers.

My overall goal with all of my photographic efforts is simply to create/discover something I can be proud of privately to my self, and perhaps print a few to enjoy in the longer term with friends and familiy.

thanks again and best of luck to you all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin