Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,289   Online: 758

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hi from West Australia

A dear photographer friend of mine (Australian living in Dubai) recommended I view Cheryl Jacobs website, (who has become one of my favourite portrait photographers) and Cheryl's site led me here. It's great to see a forum that entertains and educates at the same time - and I still have soooo much to learn.

I live in West Australia and last year took up photography photos after many years of believing art was a waste of time (my father had a big influence on this). I feel so relieved after finally breaking free from past influences - just a shame it took around 15 years of 'hanging around' not knowing what I wanted to do before I bit the bullet and took up my passion.

'People Photography' interests me the most. People of all ages and at all stages in life. The good and the bad times, the fun and the sad times.

I look forward to meeting some/most/all of you throughout this journey.

Greetings from Down Under
    Kind regards,
    Nicole

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Welcome Nicole. I think you find this place a wealth of knowledge and inspiration. By the way - Art is never a waste of time.
    "while a hundred civilizations have prospered (sometimes for centuries) without computers or windmills or even the wheel, none have survived even a few generations without art." David Bayles & Ted Orland Art & Fear

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hiya Nicole and welcome to the best place on the web for tactile photography I agree art is never a waste of time so stay free and always go with your feelings.

Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Nicole... welcome!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Greetings and welcome from the other side of this old globe. You couldn't fall in with a better bunch for hints tips and humour.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi everyone, thank you all for such a warm welcome. I'm hooked on this site and can't seem to have enough hours in the day to catch up on 'all' the info passed on over the recent weeks/months.... What a fantastic bunch!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, Nicole. I'm new here too, and photograph kids, mostly my own, at the moment. There is a wealth of information here, and a lot of good work in the galleries. It's inspiring, and it'll get you thinking about good photography! I'm looking forward to seeing your work in the galleries too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG Nicole. A better site for traditional photography couldn't be found and Cheryl's photos are a delight to view. Enjoy your visits here.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Both your photographs are wonderful: intimate, warm and very sensitive.
    Welcome.
    It will be a pleasure to have you around

a.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Welcome from Canada!

joe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin