Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,049   Posts: 1,561,085   Online: 763

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

A Fine How-Do-You- Do

Greetings fellow lovers of film! My name is Ken and I live in north Texas. Or, rather, North Texas, which is to say in the vicinity of Dallas/Fort Worth.

I started shooting seriously at about 14 or 15 when I "inherited" (read: found in the closet and ststarted using) my father's Minolta XG-7 outfit back in the mid-1980s. I've been a photo-bug ever since.

Between then and now I've shot using several diffferent makers: Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Hasselblad, Rollei, Voigtlander, Mamiya, Pentax. I've gone back and forth between rangefinders and SLRs.

Right now I'm back to SLRs and am wanting to build a small system around a Spotmatic body or two.

I really enjoy shooting people, though any subject that appeals to me visually is fair game. I love shooting in black and white, though space constraints and wanting to keep darkroom chemicals out of a house with small children have so far kept me from setting up my own processing and printing equipment. When they get a little older I will take that stuff out of mothballs.

I look forward to connecting with those of like mind and similar interests!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in the same place playing with cameras since a teen, many years ago.

Glad you found us. My kids are a bit older, but I bit the bullet and built a 'room for dad only, unless you are invited' darkroom in the basement when they were 3 and 5.
    It allows me to enjoy photo processing efforts in fits and starts without the need to taer down things mid stream as setting up in a laundry, etc. might.

Now the guys are 8 and 11, and have no interest in my doings in the darkroom.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Ken! Welcome to APUG. I hope you enjoy being here.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hello Ken , You have every camera a photographer can own. But there is larger format cameras and if you invest good time to this forum , it can open a hole in your wallet.

Welcome to APUG ,

Umut
    Istanbul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Home Ken !

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Hello Ken , You have every camera a photographer can own. But there is larger format cameras and if you invest good time to this forum , it can open a hole in your wallet.

Welcome to APUG ,

Umut
    Istanbul
    Umut, SSSSsssshhhh !!!

You'll scare him away ... We need more suckers using film.
    You're going to ruin it for us.

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone!

My darkroom-to-be won't just be for me, but for my wife also. She began shooting about the same age as me and eventually earned her Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography from the University of North Texas. Her big thing is alternative processes.

Quote Originally Posted by M.A.Longmore View Post
    Umut, SSSSsssshhhh !!!

You'll scare him away ... We need more suckers using film.
    You're going to ruin it for us.

Ron
    Hahahaha! Don't worry, Ron. I'm already well aware of how photography - film photography in particular - can quickly bleed one dry of "mad money." When I worked in camera stores, I told people that I did so to support my habit. Er, "hobby."

And, Umut, you don't have to get me bitten by the large format bug; a 4x5 camera has been on the "wish list" for both me and my wife for some years now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A hale and hearty howdy to you. My wife is a Texan,we moved from there eight years ago and the wife wants to go back. we both miss Austin, a whole bunch. When you are ready for a reasonably priced 4x5 let me know, I'll make a good deal on one for you.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenheadphoto View Post
    Right now I'm back to SLRs and am wanting to build a small system around a Spotmatic body or two.
    I can help you out with that!

Welcome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Ken, welcome to APUG!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin