Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,254   Online: 826

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Instant Films

hi ppl need some help :)

hello there i havnt done this since high school and found my camera it is a Pentax k 1000 im pretty sure ... and just i forget wat i need to take photos with this camera and what i need to develop the photos so any advice or help would be awesome also could jst a normal bedroom be set up for a dark room ??? thanks heaps guys

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome, or should I say welcome back to film ?

To make pictures with the camera, all you need a film.

Depending on what you want to do, a normal bedroom could make for a darkroom, provided you can have some running water not too far away from it.

Obviously you'll need to make it real dark if you want to develop film, or may be use a loading bag to get the film from the canister to the reel and then in the tank.

You'll need some developing tanks (Jobo or Paterson, whatever you'll find), the chemicals : developer (I'd advise on X-tol but it comes in 5 liters kit, some will advise on D76 or ID11, they are fine also), fixer (I like Tetenal's Superfix) and there you go.

Drying the film might be the tricky part if you want to get it reasonably free of dust, unless you can hang it in the shower (this makes miracles for me).

If you want to enlarge, then of course you'll need an enlarger, some paper, and the corresponding chemicals, plus some trays to hold the chemicals.
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Home Wazzalicious !

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUG! For more information check out the library.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello and welcome to APUG. A normal bedroom may be prone to fairly large light leaks as well as being a great source for dust. A normal bathroom may be a better candidate for a darkroom.
    Here are a couple of threads to read through:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/4...darkrooms.html

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/1...portraits.html

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your visits to APUG.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Instant Films
    ok thnx guys yeah i love taking pics this way heaps better ... another question where to i buy the fil and chemicals from ?? and after taking all the pics from my camera how do i put it on the paper?? ha ha it has been that long i forgot how to do everything like wat to do from step 1 to the last step any help will be rad,

Walnut Grove, MN USA (Laura Ingall Wilder's home)
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Go to your local library. Photography is usually in the 700's (Dewey Decimal) in the non-fiction area. There are a ton of books, most written twenty years ago, or so, that will take you step by step. They might be old, but things in film haven't changed that dramatically. Look for books with the word Basic in the title. If you live in a big enough city, you might get lucky and have a photography store that stocks chemicals and film. But the important thing is to go in and talk to them, maybe they can steer you to a tutor, mentor, or a class. Freestyle Photographic Supplies is a great on line store <freestylephoto.biz> You might start out by buying a few rolls of color print film that you can get developed at a drug store, or other store with a one-hour photo (C-41 process). If you hit the tab here at apug marked Articles, you can search all kinds of helpful contributions written by members. If you have a specific question, enter it in the search box here at apug, and you will google the archives. The initial cash outlay can be frightening, an enlarger, a dark room, supplies; but it doesn't have to be done all at once. Most everything that you need is available on e-bay, and at <keh.com>. You don't have to jump in head first, run some rolls through the camera, get them developed locally and post your images on apug, read some introductory books, meet the photographers in your area, and get out there. The Pentax is a decent camera to start with, a good camera to learn the exposure basics. Have fun!!!
    "We often think that when we have completed our study of one we know all about two, because 'two' is 'one and one'. We forget that we have still to make a study of 'and'."
    -A. S. Eddington

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom
    http://silverdarkroom.wordpress.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin