Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,484   Posts: 1,571,278   Online: 1034

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G'day!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow! Great responses.

Firstly I must say, what a fantastic forum, actually getting some really solid, helpful responses not only on this thread but another one I posted last night.

Guitstik - How do I become a subscriber?

I will update my whereabouts, being Fremantle, Western Australia.

Sirius Glass - Aren't they beautiful, I was on holiday in Melbourne, Australia and saw this tiny little shop which was only open for an hour a day and seemed to be full of antique cameras. I went in the next day and it was owned by this old Chinese couple who have owned the shop in the midst downtown Melbourne for about 50 years. They used to run it as a Chinese takeaway and still have all the menus up, however dilapidated they are. Anyway I was having a look at the cameras and I came upon the Vito II, only $100 and in mint, brand new condition. Amazing, camera, super sharp lens, I love it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG Duncs!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not Guitstik, but I can help

If you look up higher on the screen, you will see a row of tabs that includes "Support Us!"

Click on that and you will see a Paypal option, and a credit card option.

Choose one, and a list of options will show themselves.

You need to select and highlight the option you prefer to make it happen.

I think it is one of the very best values around. But then, you can probably tell that from my post count .
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to the forum .
    Jason

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rhubarbcrumble View Post
    Sirius Glass - Aren't they beautiful, I was on holiday in Melbourne, Australia and saw this tiny little shop which was only open for an hour a day and seemed to be full of antique cameras. I went in the next day and it was owned by this old Chinese couple who have owned the shop in the midst downtown Melbourne for about 50 years. They used to run it as a Chinese takeaway and still have all the menus up, however dilapidated they are. Anyway I was having a look at the cameras and I came upon the Vito II, only $100 and in mint, brand new condition. Amazing, camera, super sharp lens, I love it.
    That was my first serious camera. I used it at the 1964 New York World's Fair. I bought a range finder that I attached to the top. I quickly figured out how to use the depth of field scale to get what I wanted in focus. And because I was shooting slides I learned to get the exposure exactly right and I learned to crop in the lens before I took the photograph.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Cheers, I just noticed that before actually. Will definently do it when I'm back from my trip.
    - my film dedicated blog -

www.friendsonfilm.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rhubarbcrumble View Post
    Wow! Great responses.

Firstly I must say, what a fantastic forum, actually getting some really solid, helpful responses not only on this thread but another one I posted last night.

Guitstik - How do I become a subscriber?

I will update my whereabouts, being Fremantle, Western Australia.

Welcome to APUG, rhubarb. I think I know the shop you mean, in Little Lonsdale Street, just near Melbourne Central. I was born in Melbourne and have lived here for most of my life, and I have NEVER found that shop open. And from what I have seen in the dirty, dusty window most of what they have is way over-priced - I think they take their values from Michaels, which is only a block away. So you were lucky on two counts - firstly to find the shop open, and secondly to get something for a reasonable price.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello. Am in OZ too.. :-)
    Addicted to caffenol processing
    Will buy stereo cameras, Any Autographic camera with red bellows
    OR Any Vanity or Petitie Kodak Camera -working

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Home Duncs !

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "Welcome to APUG, rhubarb. I think I know the shop you mean, in Little Lonsdale Street, just near Melbourne Central."

I thought that shop had closed down years ago. Couldn't find it when I went looking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin