Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,570   Posts: 1,545,490   Online: 1209

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG!

Do not put of something to do tomorrow, it you can avoid doing it at all.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Terry - hello and welcome to APUG (belatedly) from western Massachusetts. Looking forward to seeing some of your photos in the Gallery.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hello Terry!! Big ol' welcome from Texas!
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Terry, we still need to get together and shoot some film. I am getting closer to getting my DR room set up but it looks as if you will beat me to the punch as it were.

Oh, welcome even tho I have never given a proper introduction myself.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, guistik - yeah, definitely count me in for a photowalk. I don't actually have a darkroom set up yet. I'm going to set it up in the crazy cat lady house across the street (she's deceased, we bought the property, and nothing's being done with it at the moment), in a middle room close to the hall bath. I just had to pounce on those enlargers, gettin' while the gettin' was good. The only must-have I think I need at this point is a safelight, and then I should be minimally functional.

I've still yet to try Caffenol, too! I've got washing soda and found the Vitamin C, now I just need to know the right type of coffee product to use. My latest commercial developer obsession is Ilford DD-X, and Rollei Digibase C-41. Oh, and you'll be glad to know I finally got bitten by the Minolta bug. I now have an XG-A and an SRT-200. The lenses are awesome.
    Last edited by Ottrdaemmerung; 07-06-2011 at 04:34 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    website | Flickr
    "Embrace the negative with absolution, your final positive reward." --IQ, "The Province," Frequency

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cool on the Minolta gear, as far as the type of coffee, Folgers instant is what I use. IM me and let's see if we can set something up.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, so I just had to make an update: I did my first attempt at darkroom printing this evening, and it was a success! I just hung the prints up to dry. Everything pretty much went without a hitch, so I'm overjoyed. I can't wait to dive in deeper once the weather gets cooler: the crazy cat lady house where I've set up the darkroom doesn't have air conditioning.
    Significant equipment: Omega D2, Nikor 50mm and Rodenstock 70mm lenses, Arista.EDU Ultra 5x7 paper, Speed-Ez-Els, Ilford Multigrade filters, Ilford Multigrade developer.
    website | Flickr
    "Embrace the negative with absolution, your final positive reward." --IQ, "The Province," Frequency

Shooter
    35mm
    Congratulation on your first print. The question I have is: did you have somebody show you how to print, or did you just study the theory and then applied it on your own?

I learned developing just with internet sources, "by myself" so to speak. When I begin printing, I am afraid that I would need at least a minimum of personal training. I'm wondering if printing is something that I could begin to do on my own, without personal help.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome from Scotland!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Terry, enjoyed the introduction
    There are places here you can go with the GAS problem.

Be careful what you say about crazy cat people as I'm one of them

Bill
    Digital photography is like virtual sex........ you never actually touch the real thing..... or get your hands dirty

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin