Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,808   Posts: 1,581,495   Online: 1080

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Hi from New England

So, I've been lurking for a while and thought maybe I should be less creepy and actually post.

Hi. My name is Stacie and I'm the dreaded mom-with-a-camera.

I've started using film over the past couple of years mostly because I'm too lazy to shoot digitally. I'm not sure APUG is really a home for me since I am not at all interested in developing my own film (note: lazy) and am happy to ship rolls off to the lab whenever I collect a pile. I keep telling myself that one of these days I'll start going to Photosynthesis (local darkroom for rent, among other stuff) to remember how to print so the enlarger in my basement will stop taunting me.

I use 35mm and a holga and have just started playing with a bronica.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello from Jeff from APUG! I hope you enjoy APUG! I hope you enjoy being here.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome former lurker. I have no interest in developing color film either, particularly because I've done it and don't have time to print or scan color film. B&W is way more fun though. Digital for color, B&W is film all the way for me.

Moms (or Dads) with camera isn't dreaded. http://www.amazon.com/Love-Photograp.../dp/0615157300 might motivate to be more active about photographing your kids if you are mistaking lazy for unmotivated. Despite the big words in the description, it's basically a daughter appreciating the legacy of her dad's family photography.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    hi stacie
    welcome to apug!

tons of people send their film to a lab, i wouldn't worry about it ...

you just missed the annual to the beach apug new england get together in ct,
    keep your eyes peeled for next year !

john ( also in new england )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stacie - hello and welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts. Glad you decided to join in on the fun.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We New England APUGers are pretty active, Stacie. Welcome aboard. Check the regionals for a gathering and bring your kids (Hubby too, if he'll come!) The degree to which you do your own processing and printing is your issue- not ours. Just have fun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the welcome, all

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome Stacy, from a very rainy day in Old England.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome from the original England.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome! Nice to have another woman on board. Just enjoy yourself, your kids, your cameras.

I did no darkroom work for years while my kids were little, started to come back to it while they were teens, and didn't really get obsessed until recently. Now I'm the dreaded granny-with-many-cameras.

Just follow the path where time and inclination takes you. Post some photos of your kids so we can admire them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin