Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,451   Online: 967

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Back into photography

Hi All, After roughly 10 years away from photography I decided to come back to it. I'm starting back with new to me gear, a Yashica gsn a fed 5b and a perkeo 1 with a vaskar lens. It's a combonation of cheap and budget constraints . I love this site great information and good people here. I'm saving my pennies to start processing at home so things will more affordable. I had walked away from film after all but my k1000 and 3 lenses were stolen, those I gave to my then 13 year old niece who was showing an interest in film and put to good use.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Welcome back home!

Shooter
    35mm
    Hey there, Larry --

I started doing photography in high school and college, then took a 25 year hiatus, and have been back for the last 10 years or so.

Hope you enjoy APUG as much as I do.

Best regards,

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Home Larry !

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    APUG is a great resource, both for information and gear. Keep an eye on the classified section if you are looking for equipment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Larry and a warm welcome to APUG! I hope you enjoy being here.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryP View Post
    I had walked away from film after all but my k1000 and 3 lenses were stolen, those I gave to my then 13 year old niece who was showing an interest in film and put to good use.
    One of the advantages of the digital revolution is that nobody would ever steal your film camera any more, possibly not even a Leica*. I'm much more relaxed now when I go round Rome taking pictures. And if the camera were stolen I'd be sad for the affection value but I know I could buy again the gear without crying too much financially.

And welcome to APUG

* OK they'll still steal a Hasselblad maybe.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    One of the advantages of the digital revolution is that nobody would ever steal your film camera any more, possibly not even a Leica*.
    I'm not so sure about that. The average crook is pretty stupid and may not know the difference between a digital camera and film camera. Most likely they won't hesitate long enough to evaluate the value of the "merchandise" to determine whether or not it is worth steeling if it can be quickly grabbed.

Dave

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome welcome. And on the topic of stolen goods, I learned that hiding my tripod is more effective protection. The tripod is a dead giveaway for an expensive camera....especially a carbon one.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave in Kansas View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. The average crook is pretty stupid and may not know the difference between a digital camera and film camera. Most likely they won't hesitate long enough to evaluate the value of the "merchandise" to determine whether or not it is worth steeling if it can be quickly grabbed.

Dave
    I don't know in your country, but in mine the average "crooks" distinguishes a fake Rolex from a real one by just a passing glance and knows you are a tourist from the way you walk

I read of someone saying that his house was robbed, the thieves took his digital and left all the film gear in place. A thief has to choose what to take and what not. This was years ago, and, he wrote, that day he understood that photography had changed. Well, not mine, shall I say
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin