Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,707   Online: 915

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aezran - hello and welcome to APUG!!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for all the ideas friends! It was at first to have the ae-1 and fm2n only, but the fm3a came at a offer i cant refuse. Will sell off the ae-1 and fm2n and only keep the fm3a, the cash received from the sales will come in as fund to buy more lenses, films and repaint the fm3a.

The RB67 is a amazing piece of equipment! id love to use one but it is just too expensive to maintain, 120mm films are only available overseas and its just really sad. Whats the cheapest B&W 135 available on the market? any suggestions on good online websites to puchase such items?

and another question, if the 135 film (fresh) passes through X-ray scanners, will it spoil the film? or?

Shooter
    35mm
    X-rays should not be a problem if you take your film with you, on board. Also they are not a problem if you buy normally imported film in a shop.
    X-rays are certainly a problem if you put your film in a checked-in luggage (the luggage that goes into the hold of the plane).

The cheapest B&W film are Chinese brands, such as Lucky.

You can find "bulk film", that you buy in 100ft rolls (30.5 metres) with which you can make 18 135/36 rolls and you have some half a roll left. This can be very cheap.

Further information, besides searching APUG with "bulk film", "bulk loading", "rolling your own", is here:
    http://www.rogerandfrances.com/photo...ad%20bulk.html
    http://www2.goshen.edu/~marvinpb/bulkldr.html

Developing by yourself is the only way to take pictures without financial constraints I would suggest investing in developing as soon as possible if space is available.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, lucky films are the way to go. But If you have Fuji outlets there, check their Neopan 400, Across and Fuji SS. Frome where I cam from (Philippines) A roll of Neopan 400 was just around $2, while a box of Neopan is around a bit less than $11. It might not be the same in your country, but it's worth a look.

Shooter
    35mm
    Such interesting and really really useful information from both of you! Thank you! Will do some reseearch about it and see how it goes! THANKS GUYS! and i think the Neopan is cheaper, because i have not seen a fuji box before for sale over here i guess. B&W lucky film (135) ISO100, they are selling here average of $6 per box! so im definately going to see what there is on the net.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi and welcome.
    I love your energy and desire to learn.
    Make the assets of yor digital equipment work for you and get paid for your work... Portraits, weddings, business images, etc.
    Grow your art and passion with your film eq. If they all could share the same lenses then great. If you. Desire. Larger formats that is cool too.

Stay in touch, be glad to help in any way I can. PM (personal message) here on APUG or email at daleeman@yahoo.com

Lee

Shooter
    35mm
    Fantastic!

Advises from what all of you have given is very true. Ill think about it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    WOW, lucky film for $6? So expensive. Maybe the net is your best bet. Save up some money and buy a LOT so that the shipping costs are worth it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin