Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,520   Posts: 1,543,796   Online: 784

Shooter
    Multi Format

35mm shooter from Savannah, GA.

I was recently gifted a Nikon FM by my father in law. Sigma Zoom/Macro, tons of filters, a Vivitar flash, tripod, bag, 18 year old film, etc. A week later I happened upon a craigslist ad for a full darkroom setup for $200. Two trips later, I now have a Beseler 67s colorhead, an Omega enlarger, 13 developing canisters, reels, developer, fixer, sets of trays from 16x20 down to 5x7, paper safes, five adjustable finger easels, beakers, measuring cups, scales, accordian chemical containers, tongs, changing bags, bulk reel loaders, safe lights, light box, MANY MANY unopened boxes of paper by Kodak and Ilford in size up to 16x20 fiber, and too much more to list. I have an empty two car garage that I have about 90% lighttight so far, with plans to add some ventilation and a drain. Piping in hot and cold water will be a snap as well. I am expecting delivery of a Nikon F and a Nikkormat FT2 this Monday, and my father is sending me his Canon A1 and a Yashica. A friend just dumped a boatload of Kodak color and Ilford B&W film in my lap, as he has gone digital. I have always wanted to shoot 35mm, and am chomping at the bit to get started. I am the head printer at a large screen printing shop here in Savannah, and have been doing this for about 13 years, so I have a grasp on exposure, negatives, emulsion and the like. This forum is packed with such helpful information that I am sure it will be the only counsel that I will need! Thanks for having me!

The user name stems from one of the conversations that I had with the previous owner of the darkroom setup. He has been shooting astrophotography since the mid 70's, and everything that I got was everything he had accumulated over that period of time. When I asked him the largest print he had made with the Beseler (which he had mounted to the wall with a series of risers on the floor beneath it) he said it was 26x30. I walked around for the next day or so mumbling "26x30? Jesus Christ..."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome 26:

Hope you enjoy being here.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUG! Sounds like you got a bunch of good stuff, good luck.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    26x30 - hello and welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts. Have fun with your new toys and keep us posted on your progress.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Instant Films
    Hope you enjoy being here.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to the APUG jungle and have fun!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin