Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,892   Posts: 1,520,857   Online: 1205

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Good morning from an old-style lover

Hello everybody,
    just want to introduce myself to the community: I'm a student from Italy who's been shooting film for almost 2 years and been reading this forum looking for advices for a while before I decided to join.
    So here I am, ready to learn more and more about the analog photography world and to share knowledge.
    I use 35mm and medium format, and have my own darkroom to develop film (b&w) and print pictures. What I like the best is when, looking at a print, I can say "wow, this looks like a picture from the past century!"

I'd like to start knowing you with a question: where do you think is the fashion in old-looking things?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Home Giacomo !

Ron

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Welcome from Nevada. To answer your question, the qualities inherent in each and every media form, oil, water color , sculpture, wet plate, carbon, silver (analog processes), etc. do not become obsolete but become and remain current and viable forms of expression, when mastered and given an individual voice..it is the the journey that is the struggle and the joy. As artists, do we really have something to say, the media with which we choose to speak is an individual choice and always relevant and current...if there is communication and emotion.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I share your point of view Dave, and would add: in the past thing were less simple, so to obtain some decent results you had to had skills. Analog photographers are skilled people who get bored if the have everything ready. Putting yourself to the test (and failing) leads you to be keen on analog photography, and develops your creativity.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I wear a mechanical watch with a leather band. I listen to music on a record player. I have notebooks that I jot notes down in with an ink pen or pencil. I shoot with either a 30 or 60 year old 4x5 camera.

For me it's not so much fashion as a preference.

Welcome to APUG.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and a warm welcome to APUG!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    I wear a mechanical watch with a leather band. I listen to music on a record player. I have notebooks that I jot notes down in with an ink pen or pencil. I shoot with either a 30 or 60 year old 4x5 camera.

For me it's not so much fashion as a preference.

Welcome to APUG.
    Yes, it is a lifestyle that suits me too. Thanks everybody for welcoming me!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    giacomo - hello and welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts USA. I just like doing things myself instead of a small computer deciding for me what to do. Enjoy your visits to APUG.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sorry. Sometimes the BB dupes posts.
    Last edited by Christopher Walrath; 09-03-2011 at 01:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Giacomo.
    Charles Hohenstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin