Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,398   Online: 776

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you all for your very warm welcome! I knew I'd come to the right place! Yes, I'll certainly keep you posted on progress with my darkroom. And Umut, yes, I develop my own b&w film and I do have a scanner, so I'll post some photos of Kangaroo Island when I can find some time. Right now I'm getting ready for a couple of exhibitions (my last in digital format, perhaps?) but I'll get cracking next month. (And my great-great grandfather was born in Istanbul).

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Lesm ,

Its great to know about great great grandfather. Google Earth is a great tool to explore Istanbul. And I will look for your island. Small world as they say. I am looking to weather maps from CNN and south Australia is suprisingly cold. You are slowly entering to summer and north to winter. It would be great to see Bikini girls at winter here . If you want check www.library.nu and check for free Istanbul guides.

Take care ,

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi and welcome from Melbourne. I still haven't got to Kangaroo Island, but hope to get there before too long.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    Hi and welcome from Melbourne. I still haven't got to Kangaroo Island, but hope to get there before too long.
    If you do, PM me and maybe we could meet.

Les

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another welcome from Melbourne. I too have not yet been to Kangaroo Island but one day, if my super ever recovers from the malaise of the last few years, I might be able to afford to retire and get to places like KI.

Cheers, Peter.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Welcome from the Left Coast of the USA! And best of luck with your photographic endeavors! Use whatever tool best allows your images to sing!

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Lesm ... Welcome to APUG from another South Aussie ...
    We live in Adelaide and travel to the Island every so often for holidays. We were there last October and circled K.I. on off-road touring bicycles. We travel independently and camp overnight wherever the trail leeds us. The north coast was quite a challenge ... but those beautiful secluded coves were worth the effort ... some terrific photographic potential as you are no doubt aware.
    I assume you have contacts in the big smoke ... but if not give me a P.M. if you ever require assistance with shopping for photo materials in Adelaide ... I drop into Total Photographics on a fairly regular basis for example.
    My wife and I are very envious of your situation ... whenever we pass through American River we dream of settling there one day. It would be so tempting to opt out of the rat-race, set up a dark room and veggie garden there and just spend our time doing photography, and catching fish ...
    Good luck with the darkroom and all the best ...
    Greg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Howdy and welcome from another South Aussie. If you are ever on the big Island on the 2nd Monday of most months, don't forget to look up the Adelaide Film and Dark Room users group that we are trying to establish!.

(BTW, never been to the KI......I should do something about that!)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Another Hi from Melbourne - I travelled around Kangaroo Island (shooting with a 2x3 Crown Graphic!) a few years ago and loved it! Those woolly kangaroos....

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi from a "temporary" South Australian, homeward bound to Victoria via Gawler! Nice way to greet me here today with rain and cold!! :-)
    Which "coastal bliss" village are you referring to? Penneshaw? I ran rings around Kanga Island in 2007 and chiefly remember the Hog's Breath Café.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin