Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,559   Posts: 1,545,248   Online: 874

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Len - lucky you indeed living on Kangaroo island. Enough things to point a camera at there to keep the mind and body young forever. I suggest an annual Aussie APUG gathering at Les's place! OK with you?
    Welcome, but look out, before you know it you'll be wanting a 11x14 view camera.
    http://www.tonyeganphotography.com/index.html
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." Groucho Marx

Shooter
    35mm RF

Hi Les

I will be over on the Island from the 4th to the 9th of October, I will be bringing my 5x4 camera,s and plan to shoot some of the early and late light weather permitting .
    May catch you while I am over there.
    My darkroom is alive and well and I mainly use the BTZS method of exposure and
    subsequent printing.
    My home location is a long way away at Pt. Willunga.
    We are staying in the acacia apartments Kingscote
    regards
    Barry Treleaven
    Bazz8

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello and Welcome from another South Australian, here in tiny ol' Adelaide - Check out the Australian regional forum, South Australia has a surprisingly active APUG group. I'm sure you'll find a lot to keep you amused here on APUG, I check the site daily even after 3 or 4 years. A wealth of information and a nice bunch of people too.

EDIT: Ah, scratch that, just saw when I joined. 5 years then...man I feel old.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You certainly have a nice place to live, particularly when the sumer hordes have gone home.

I am glad that you have found us here.
    It is a nice place to 'live' when the weather is too foul for shooting, and the malaise about getting into the darkroom is a bit to high.

I spent a week holidaying on KI in July 2002, as a part of the 4 years I spent working on a project in Brissie.
    The place was deserted, the skys clear and the days warm enough once the sun had risen.
    I have a nice 16x20 RA-4 print I made of the Remarkable Rocks with no one else at the site. From the size of the car park, I guess this is not possible in the summer.
    KI is one of those places I long to visit again, but don't know if it will be possible.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow! So many fellow Croweaters and people who have /wish to visit our island. Amazing! You're all welcome to come and visit (but not all at once!). I'd love to have an outing with one of you LF shooters. I have a feeling I might head that way eventually. You might be interested to know that there's a bloke here who used to work with Ansell Adams. He really knows his LF stuff and all the darkroom wizardry. I could set up a meeting for any of you who might be interested.

Yes, my wife Pat and I live in Penneshaw. We built our own strawbale eco-friendly house, which is cosy in winter and cool in summer. It's a great place to live and a dream for landscape/wildlife shooters. Not so great if, like me, you love street work - there ain't no streets to speak of. Periodically I have to get off the rock and go to Adelaide for a workout.

Thanks again everyone for all your interest and the amazing warmth of your welcome. There's still hope for the world with people like you around...

Les
    Last edited by lesm; 09-06-2011 at 10:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    By the way, fellow South Australians, if you happen to get hold of this month's Adelaide Review, that's my photo on the front cover. (Digital, though!). Don't quite know how that happened, but very gratifying nonetheless.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi Les, welcome from a Canberran. You live in another place I want to visit. I'll have to talk to the missus about that, won't I?
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lesm View Post
    ... Not so great if, like me, you love street work - there ain't no streets to speak of.....
    Les
    Ha! At least I've got one thing on you. I work in the heart of the Melbourne CBD so I just step outside the door at lunchtime, or going to and from, and there it is. When would you like to swap?......... Thought not.

Cheers, Peter. ;-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin