Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,667   Posts: 1,481,714   Online: 794

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Hello from Sweden

I became so glad when I recently found this forum. Until now I´ve mostly been eavesdropping to make sure I´ll fit in to this place and now I feel confident enough to introduce myself. I think apug will be a good resource for making progress.

I started with photography about ten years ago. Soon I got into black and white and bought the stuff I needed for my own darkroom. Unfortunately I did not really have the space for it, but I for sure fell in love with the magic in the darkroom. Well I have been trying out a lot of different darkrooms in the cities I lived in, but since a couple of days I have my own darkroom with at least some sort of proper space for everything. It´s great! I been reading up a lot and are trying to reveal the technical aspects of the magic. So I really hope to make some progress!

I work as a journalist which means I photograph quit a lot digital also, but a big part of my heart lies in the exposing of film and the darkroom work.
    Best regards/Therese

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hi Therese! Welcome to APUG.

You can be a subscriber and post your pictures to the gallery and see what others were doing. Gallery is the other dimension of this forum and encourage you to start alternative processes also. It would not be a big suprise if you use a Hasselblad. Is there a big second hand market for blad at Sweden ? How prices would compare with US market , you can compare with www.keh.com.

Umut
    Istanbul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Therese, valkommen!

I'm Swedish like you, emigrated to Minnesota in 2001. We hope you have a wonderful time at APUG; be prepared for some pretty heated debate sometimes as there are a lot of people here that are passionate about their knowledge.

Great about your darkroom! Have lots of fun in it, make lots of prints, and share your result. If you become a subscriber (recommended) you can use the critique section of the gallery for feedback.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Välkommen från Stockholm!
    Erik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and Welcome, Therese. I like you have been a long time "eavesdropper". (I would like to change that!). This community is absolutely invaluable!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Välkommen från Lund

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hello from Australia!

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Umut: I shoot small format so it´s canon for me =) I have been a bit curious about medium format, but it is a bit too expensive for me right now. I do not think the second hand market is that much better here unfortunately...

I will definitly think about becoming subscriber =)

Thank you all! I feel most welcome!

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello from Greece! Looking forward to some of your work from Sweden!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hello and welcome from Scotland.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin