Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,930   Online: 959

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Wow. Everyone here is so courteous. Thanks everyone.
    Longmore: I only have 4 cameras, but all of them are Konica Minoltas!
    ROL: Thanks for the informative and thought provoking reply. That definitely shed more light into my understanding of BW photography.

My package of Neopan 400 just arrived earlier today. After I use up all of my Neopan, I'll probably just be ordering Legacy Pro 400 since I'm a poor working student. But sad to learn that Fuji announced their discontinuation of Neopan. :[
    After doing some research for the past few days, I'll be ordering my chemicals and darkroom materials tomorrow. The chemicals are: Kodak HC110 (planning to do Dilution "H"), Kodak stop bath, kodafix, and photo-flo. I didn't intend it to be ALL Kodak, but... it just happened. haha If you guys have any advice, it would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG!

As a life-long Kodak user, your list looks great

I might suggest, however, that you replace the "Kodafix" with Kodak Rapid Fixer - the shorter fixing times and the option to use it without hardener are both advantages. That is assuming, of course, that there aren't shipping restrictions that get in the way.

Ilford Rapid Fix or (in usually larger quantities) Ilford Hypam Fixer are other excellent alternatives in non-hardening rapid fixers.

Have fun!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Welcome to APUG!

As a life-long Kodak user, your list looks great

I might suggest, however, that you replace the "Kodafix" with Kodak Rapid Fixer - the shorter fixing times and the option to use it without hardener are both advantages. That is assuming, of course, that there aren't shipping restrictions that get in the way.

Ilford Rapid Fix or (in usually larger quantities) Ilford Hypam Fixer are other excellent alternatives in non-hardening rapid fixers.

Have fun!
    Thanks Matt. And thanks for the suggestion. I switched it up to an Ilford Rapid Fixer 500 ml and I also added a LegacyPro Powder Hypo Clearing Agent. I bought all of these chemicals from Freestyle and I live in the Los Angeles area, so there's no problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You started when I did.

Welcome to APUG!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin