Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,214   Online: 1058

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello APUG

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Matt thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it.

Hello Jeff, I don't have a digital camera, actually this is my first time using a camera other than my phone's or
    a point and shoot.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUGland!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome Anthony, from a fellow s. Texan (Riviera). this is a great site and you will find loads of help.
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hello Valerie, yeah i am finding this site really helpful

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG. Depending on your phone, if it is a smartphone there's an app for that and it's free. Stick with one film until you get comfortable with different lighting and shooting situations, jumping from one film to another as well as different speeds of film can create confussion. I would suggest Kodak BW400CN as it is a good stable, moderate speed film that produce excellent results. The only draw back to it would be that it is a C-41 film that must be developed at a specific temp for best results. Not bad if you are sending your film out but when it comes time for you to start developing on your own, well let's just say it's difficult. The Illford HP5+ is another good film and if you ever plan to develop Illford chems are easy to use and very forgiving

The Kodak film can be bought at CVS or Walgreens which makes it convenient. The Illford can only be found at true camera stores or off the web. Hope this helps.

Joel
    Last edited by guitstik; 09-28-2011 at 08:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks for the response Joel; I will look into that film. I found that app a few days ago and its definitely going to help me.

One question Joel, and anybody who wants to answer, Have you ever used thedarkroom.com to develop film? I see the ad here on APUG and just wondering if they do a better job than Walgreens or CVS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any pro lab will be worlds better than CVS or walgreens. Check in your area for a camera store that sells film they should either be able to develop and print for you or can send it off. I use Richards Photo Lab in California for my fine art work but I have used walgreens for my kick around test rolls if I'm in a hurry.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin