Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,954   Posts: 1,522,804   Online: 949

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Avesa north west of Verona Italia Europa

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ireland

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Born and living in the middle of little Switzerland!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnArs
    Born and living in the middle of little Switzerland!
    I spent a week along Lake Konstanz last year. While there I visited Mt. Santis. In a word, it was simply awesome!!!
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    but I need an east coast experience. -Grant

Grant,
    You might include Mass College of Art in your search engine and see if it will fit your needs. It is in Boston and surely you will get the east coast experience there also. I think Nick Nixon still teaches there. My alma mater.

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lee
    but I need an east coast experience. -Grant

Grant,
    You might include Mass College of Art in your search engine and see if it will fit your needs. It is in Boston and surely you will get the east coast experience there also. I think Nick Nixon still teaches there. My alma mater.

lee\c
    Yep, Mass Art is there... albeit a little lower on my list. I have a good friend in Boston who has told me about it. It sounds nice, but I'm just not as informed on it and I'm starting to run out of time... but I'm probably going to apply there anyway. -Grant

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Hurricane Alley!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidoidRamone
    Yep, Mass Art is there... albeit a little lower on my list. I have a good friend in Boston who has told me about it. It sounds nice, but I'm just not as informed on it and I'm starting to run out of time... but I'm probably going to apply there anyway. -Grant
    I went to school next door, to the School of the Museum of Fine Arts.
    Good school, total freedom of choice, but quite a bit chaotic. I can't say much about the photo department because I did sculpture and drawing there.
    Mass Art is a very fine school as well. Great library, huge facilities, more tradinional stractured curicullum (ie. Photography, Painting, Multimedia, etc). A friend of mine went there. She combined photography with perfomance art in this experimental department. Crazy stuff.
    Any more details I can provide?
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram
    I went to school next door, to the School of the Museum of Fine Arts.
    Good school, total freedom of choice, but quite a bit chaotic. I can't say much about the photo department because I did sculpture and drawing there.
    Mass Art is a very fine school as well. Great library, huge facilities, more tradinional stractured curicullum (ie. Photography, Painting, Multimedia, etc). A friend of mine went there. She combined photography with perfomance art in this experimental department. Crazy stuff.
    Any more details I can provide?
    As good as those two sound, unfortunately I'm starting to get locked in to the 3 I've chosen. But I still plan on applying to Mass Art. Do you know if in that experimental department if you can combine any two majors? Because I have been considering film-making as a minor (or concentration) at the other schools. Thanks for your help. -Grant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Revy
    Originally, from L.A. then. like Grant, went looking for the east coast experience in Brooklyn, New York to study photography at Pratt Institute, and never looked back. A few years after college I moved to DC, then more recently we landed in New England. I love the change of seasons.
    Hi Suzanne
    How long did you study at Pratt? Was it a good programme?
    Kind regards,
    Nicole

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin