Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,612   Online: 1122

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome Vince, grew up in Altadena. Good to have you on board.

Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, some real locals here!

I spend a lot of time in Altadena. My band practices there, two of my closest friends live there, and a few years ago I was dating a lady who lived there. I also go hiking a lot in the San Gabriels, which I access via Altadena.

In Alhambra, I grew up near the intersection of Fremont and Main (by Satellite Hobbies, Tops, Jr. Burgers, Carrol's Brakes, Modern Auto Service, Alhambra Market, etc.) and I went to AHS.

Still wondering whether the OP means Spain. Somehow I think so, because if someone was from Alhambra, CA, they would probably say "Alhambra, CA," while if someone was from Alhambra, Spain, they'd probably just say "Alhambra."
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    We use to visit my grandmother in Altadena (we are talking up into the 1960's here). And I was AHS Class of '72, but lived in the Midwick Tract (the other side of the freeway). Use to hit the mountains from the top of Lake Blvd in Pasadena.

But I would like to see The Alhambra one of these days if I ever get to Europe (I have a ton of other places I want to see before the European mainland -- Iceland, more of Australia, Norway, Scotland, etc etc! LOL! But there is also a lifetime worth of places here in the western USA that I want to see or return to, also!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Welcome from L.A., and an especially warm welcome to a fellow plastic camera shooter. Rock that Holga, and if that's your thing then visit Freestyle sometime soon...they have Holga everything.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm

Thank you

Thank you for the warmest welcome, I'm very happy to see a lot of locals here. Yes I reside in Alhambra CA with my wife and two children, but I was born and raised in Surabaya Indonesia. I came here 18 yrs ago when I was 17, went to collage in CT and finished my BS in UNLV. Got married and found photography when my first child was born. I am hooked and loving every moment of this journey. I am still a beginner and learning everyday from friends like you. Thank you again for the great welcome, I am very humbled to be the part of APUG. You may see some of my photos in Facebook (I can't post the link, too little post apparently) There's not much to show, but my library is growing

Vince Samara

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Well then, welcome Vince from Alhambra, CA!

I stopped off in Alhambra a few Thanksgivings ago after visiting my parents down in San Clemente -- wanted to show my boys the house I grew up in and the park (Granada) I played in. It was a good place to grow up, and admittedly, a good place to leave at 18 years old. LA was not the place for a kid that wanted to be a forest ranger!

Looking forward to seeing your work here!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin