Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,707   Posts: 1,482,862   Online: 963

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

*waving frantically* Hello!!!!

I don't know quite what to say but what I do I say enthusiastically!
    In case you couldn't tell from my screen name, my name is Jackie! I hail from the beautiful state of Maine and I'm twenty three and recently decided to get back into my love affair with photography.
    Other than a childhood obsession with polaroid, I'm relatively new to film, having just developed my first two rolls and I am hooked! I vaguely remember yelling at everybody in my apt. that there were pictures on my film!!!
    After my first darkroom class was cancelled due to low enrollment, I decided to teach myself and so far I don't think I'm doing half bad(the fixer comes BEFORE the developer, right?) I'm hoping to expand to printing within the next month or two once the funds are available, and impatiently waiting for the ability to grow and make mistakes in the darkroom! In the meantime, I've been reading and watching and listening to anything that anybody slighty film inclined has expressed. I'm hoping to learn a whole lot between my own experiances and from all the excellent information I find here!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Jackie - My gosh, your energy and passion is just so exciting! I welcome you to Apug and wish you the best if your photography! Your success is thrilling and hope to see some of your work! Welcome! Best, Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome and yay for enthusiasm!

Shooter
    Large Format

Hi!

Having waved frantically so many times i know the feeling.: ) So pleased to hear from Maine. You live in a beautiful state and I hope to see your photographs soon.
    I am getting back into the darkroom after a five year-or is it longer- lapse.
    Katrina knocked the heck out of my house and that is the excuse i am using today.
    Have had my own darkroom in closets,bathrooms and now have one in an old walk in meat freezer in a back yard building. It is ventilated well with an odd assortment of fans and filters. Now, if i only had running water...
    Still get a thrill when I see a negative for the first time and an image forming from a print in the developer. Magic!
    Mary Ann

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A big welcome to Jackie and Mary Ann!!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Home Jackie !

Remember To Spread The Word, And Share Your Enthusiasm !
    I'm Very Happy To See So Many Fresh 2011 APUG'ers Here !

Enjoy The weekend !

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    A big welcome to Jackie and Mary Ann!!
    Welcome to both of you, from the south-west coast of British Columbia, Canada.

To be fair though, Mary Ann, you should start your own thread, because we would like to hear from you as well.

Hope you enjoy it here.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome Jackie and Mary Ann!

Always appreciate perspectives from East and South since I am hopelessly stuck in the West

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Wow, some of the kids are alright!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I vaguely remember yelling at everybody in my apt. that there were pictures on my film!!!
    Don't worry, I still do that!

Welcome to APUG Jackie!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin