Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,073   Online: 978

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Howdo, from Lancashire,UK

Hello everyone! This is a somewhat belated post, but the blame rests entirely with this forum It is so easy to become engrossed in this site, that I didn't give any thought whatsoever to introducing myself. I am based in the N.W. of England, in deepest, darkest Lancashire, close to the beautiful county of Cumbria. It's a pity I don't do landscape photography, because we are naturally endowed with some of the finest scenery that England has to offer. I'm pretty much a single subject photographer; that subject being my son. I love the honesty and spontaneity of kids. I am a darkroom practitioner and have been these last 30 odd years, although I readily admit to having gaps in my knowledge of galactic magnitude. I think this has to be the most informative, interesting and friendly forums I have ever used. I have to say that when viewing other forums, I'm regularly amazed (aghast would be a better word) at how rude and opinionated some contributers can be. Maybe it's a digital thing!! keep up the good work, BLIGHTY.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome from down the road.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Greetings from a (former)colony across the pond. don't worry about the late introduction, I myself was also late on introductions.
    Enjoy your stay, come back often. Try the roast beef...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome. Lake District is a nice place for photography. And so is the Forest of Bowland.
    I'm sure you will like this forum.
    Cheers
    Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Blighty!!
    I know what you mean about this place being so engrossing! You can read forever, here! So much great info!
    Looking forward to seeing some of your pics!
    Jeanette
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome "Howdo" !
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome up there in the cold

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome from Cheshire,

You must be nuts if you can live here in the NW without yomping agonisingly over miles and miles of hills and standing in freezing cold sleet on the side of a mountain. Whats wrong with you man!

I can relate. I have young kids and they probably wonder why Mummy doesn't have a black nose with glass inserted in the end like Daddy does.

If you do ever wish to try landscapes, look me up! I promise not to raise religion, politics or leicas.

Tom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    hello and welcome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from Norfolk,UK

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin