Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,583,026   Online: 924

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by phelger View Post
    hello Kim,
    first I wish you luck and happiness with your photography. Making prints you hang on your walls and you are proud of is an excellent beginning. Don't push it too much, you've got the time because time it takes! Have you or do you plan to get a darkroom? or do you plan to have your photos made externally? Tell us about that. I don't know the Bronica GS1 - I have the Bronica 6x6 SQ-B...super! I develop and print both 35mm and 120 film.
    look forward to see you here again.
    Peter
    ica
    Thanks for the welcome Peter,

I plan on converting a storage room in the house to a darkroom, it is right next to the bathroom, so getting the plumbing done should not be to much work.
    Been trying to figure out which enlarger to get for 6x7 B&W, but so far I am still uncertain. Not many in Norway selling enlargers it seems, even used ones. Might be that I buy a brand new one, upper limit about 1500 USD. I know I can can one hell of an enlarger used for that kind of money but then i have to buy it from overseas and I am sceptical about buying something like that unseen, packaged and sent by someone I do not know.

Kim

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmutikainen View Post
    Thanks for the welcome Peter,

I plan on converting a storage room in the house to a darkroom, it is right next to the bathroom, so getting the plumbing done should not be to much work.
    Been trying to figure out which enlarger to get for 6x7 B&W, but so far I am still uncertain. Not many in Norway selling enlargers it seems, even used ones. Might be that I buy a brand new one, upper limit about 1500 USD. I know I can can one hell of an enlarger used for that kind of money but then i have to buy it from overseas and I am sceptical about buying something like that unseen, packaged and sent by someone I do not know.

Kim
    Hi Kim!

you must have a better idea of the situation in Norway, but here in Finland enlargers are often sold or even donated through local photography forums. I have not done any wet printing for 15 years myself (which is a shame!), but I would not think that you would have to invest so much money in getting started in it as there should still be plenty of school labs etc getting rid of their equipment...

Just my two pence!

cheers,

Jani

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hello and welcome, Kim.

I have been rather busy lately with new job and other stuff, or I would have jumped in and said hello earlier!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG Kim! Like you, I face a similar problem in Japan. New enlargers are possible to come by, but used ones are sold for almost as much as new which is a bit hard on the wallet (and piece of mind!). Good luck with finding yours.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Velkommen ^^

Almost in the same boat as you.
    I am 37 now, but started up with a little analogue 35mm shooting and developing (and scanning) at 32.
    I feel I am really riding solo concerning analogue, because almost every person I know that takes photos as a hobby/profession, use digital.

it actually feels good to swim against the stream to be honest. No one can touch you! =D
    - Although I still shoot digital in "dynamic" situations, like events or situations that need speedy editing and delivery and studio/model sessions which require "fashion editiong" in photoshop etc.

Concerning used stuff: There are a lot of good used stuff on foto.no/bruktmarked and on finn.no (see http://foto.no/cgi-bin/bruktmarked/v...tstyrtypeid=14 and for instance this one after searching for "mørkeromsutstyr" : http://www.finn.no/finn/torget/tilsa...nkode=31941982 , I have no idea if Kaiser is considered good or bad though, but stuff is out there.).

I bought a Durst 670 enlarger via finn.no three weeks ago, which occupy some space in my bathroom, I am very happy with it =D
    Last edited by Helinophoto; 11-28-2011 at 04:45 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Välkommen! Visst är det häftigt att analogt foto kan fascinera så mycket!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin