Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,532   Posts: 1,572,646   Online: 967

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Introducing Kim mutikainen

Hello all,

First of, I am not new to the forums as I have used it as a resource to get started with analog photography, this is however my first post.

I can start with a litle history of how I became interested in analog photography. It all happend a day in front of my computer,editing a photo from a wedding. I was unsatisfied and utterly bored of editing photos in PS, and I felt that the final photo never was really my work. I started to think about how it was done before the digital age, which again led to alot of google search about analog photography and developing. A few weeks later a nice old man sold me his Bronica GS-1 in mint condition(reminds me of me still owing him some norwegian brown cheese) via ebay. Weeks passed and finaly a note arrived that I had a package waiting at the local post office. The joy!

I started shoting some film, and a few weeks later developing equipment was ordered. First try was, well...lets say it was not good but the second roll came out just perfect. I can not describe the feeling. I had taken the photo without any hi-tech technology assitsting me, and I had developed the film my self. I had never felt so satisfied, even though it was far from beeeing a print

So here I am, a 31 year old man from Norway, deeply fasinated And eager to take this further. only difficulty I see is to have time to do this after time is spent at work, with family and other comitments, buy I am sure I will find some way

I like beeing able to read about other peoples experiences herr at apug, and in books related to the subject, but I wish the were some people/groups in my city(bergen) who had experience and was willing to teach a beginner like me.

Well that was a short story of how I ended up here, and hopefully I will be able to contribute with experience as time goes.

Br
    Kim mutikainen
    Bergen
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kim - hello and welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts USA. You've joined a great community here on APUG!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hope you can find someone local to share your growing passion with. I have a friend in the next town. We get together to take our Yashicas out for excercise every now and then.
    Until you find someone, the APUG community can be a pretty good substitute. One of it's advantages is that you can ask a question at 3 in the morning, and probably get it answered before daybreak. Local friends won't be happy to answer questions at that hour.

Enjoy!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Kim.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hello Kim,
    first I wish you luck and happiness with your photography. Making prints you hang on your walls and you are proud of is an excellent beginning. Don't push it too much, you've got the time because time it takes! Have you or do you plan to get a darkroom? or do you plan to have your photos made externally? Tell us about that. I don't know the Bronica GS1 - I have the Bronica 6x6 SQ-B...super! I develop and print both 35mm and 120 film.
    look forward to see you here again.
    Peter
    ica

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hello,

and "welcome home" as they say around here.

Bergen is a very beautiful city, with a lot of photo opportunities. I am sure you'll find some locals via the SkandinAPUG subforum here.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Velcome to APUG, velkommen til APUG

always nice to see "new" photographers turn to analog photography.

I recently returned to analog after 7 years of digital.

Enjoy

- Jens

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Kim and a warm welcome to APUG!

Jeff

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome to APUG from Washington, DC!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin