Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,342   Online: 960

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Uhhh. from Cape Cod, MA.

I'm Matt, 22, from Cape Cod. Been shooting since freshman year of high school. Unfortunately living on the Cape has me stuck with developing at CVS, and I'm without immediate access to a darkroom, so all I've shot for the past few years has been color. Hope to change that soon though...

http://www.goodmatthew.com
    Last edited by Mgood56; 11-27-2011 at 10:16 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome!
    If it's water use that has you doing color at CVS, try using distilled water and/or the Ilford washing method. I do it that way 'cause I have well water that's only slightly less hard than a rock. The wash method has 5, 10, and 20 inversions - each with fresh water. I do twice as many, just in case (and one roll of 120 uses a gallon of water if I make fresh fix as well as developer). All you need is a changing bag to get the film on the reel and in the can.
    I lived in Waltham and then Franklin, MA and I miss the Cape a LOT.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome. Check the web, I did enlargement of 35mm film using a cobbled together enlarger using work lights, a broke camera and a 50/2 lens all monted to a wall for years after college. Another thing you might check into is the local colleges, they may allow you to use their DR if they have one.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome Matt, I hope you enjoy being here!

Jeff

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome, Matt, from Washington, DC!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome. You don't need a darkroom to develop film; you can do B&W with just a daylight tank, changing bag and couple of measuring devices. Printing obviously requires the dark but that doesn't mean you can't scan (except that we don't talk about that on APUG).

Most of my shots posted on the web are direct scans from film, though I also do wet printing.

PS: XP2+ is worth a look if you don't want to develop your own but want monochrome. It's B&W but runs in C41 chemistry so CVS can still develop/scan/print for you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Matt, welcome to APUG!

Agree with the others above, developing at home is easy to do once you have the tank, reels, chems, and a changing bag.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    As Polyglot indicates , you can develop Ilford XP2 Film at CVS with color developers but the result is a BW Negative. there is also Kodaks BW film for C41 Color developers where C41 is your color negative film developer at CVS.

look at freestyle corporation ad at APUG , they can sell you this film online.

If you need lots of film , extremelly high quality and extremelly cheap , you can search from Hollywood California sellers who sell short cut movie BW Negative film for few cents for a roll. They sell it short end or short cut movie film term at google. You will need empty canisters which can be assemble disassemble.

All you need is xtol , rodinal , d76 , id 11 or HC110 powder or liquid developers , fixer, one small Paterson tank with reel , few measuring cups , thermometer and experience to roll the film inside of reel when its dark. You can try with developed films at light and learn the tricks

http://www.google.com.tr/url?sa=t&rc...s3_e1OfSZIAMfw

Dont afraid to ask every question in your mind.

If cvs uses a scanner before printing on to color paper , and if you have bw film at your hand , they must use BW preprogram to scan your bw negatives , if they use color scanning preprogram at your BW film , they would ruin it.

If you want bw prints , you can send your films to ilford england and they will print on real bw photographic paper.
    There are also other bw printers and bw film developers at APUG ads.

Good luck ,

Welcome to APUG ,

Umut
    Istanbul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG!

You can overcome developing at CVS, just stay here long enough and will be developing film yourself.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt - hello and welcome to APUG from the other end of the Bay State. Contact Drew B, he lives on the Cape also. He may have info on darkroom rentals... maybe in Chatham.
    Hope to see you at some NE-APUG gathering sometime!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin