Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,340   Online: 1043

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you all so much for the warm welcome. I think I'm gonna like it here!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rosalind:

Welcome to APUG! Hope you enjoy it here. Questions are almost always welcome.

A couple of points:

1) you may want to include your location in your profile. Something like "South Carolina, USA" will help the large number of non-USA members here figure out what the heck you are talking about when you say that you are from the Palmetto State, and will also help you get good answers when you ask questions where your location might be helpful and relevant; and
    2) never tempt fate by indicating that once you get just one more lens your film kit will be complete - it doesn't work! (trust me, I and many others here know this to be true).

Have fun, and we look forward to hearing and seeing more from you.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rosalind: Small world! My husband is from Greenville - grew up in the Sans Souci neighborhood and attended college at Furman. We go there every few years to see his sister, who still lives there.

Welcome to APUG! You'll find a heapin' helpin' of hospitality here. :-)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NiftyFifty View Post
    Thank you. I'm from Greenville County, in the Upstate.
    My daughter is a freshman at Clemson, so I'm down your way occasionally.
    Jim

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Rosalind:

Welcome to APUG! Hope you enjoy it here. Questions are almost always welcome.

A couple of points:

1) you may want to include your location in your profile. Something like "South Carolina, USA" will help the large number of non-USA members here figure out what the heck you are talking about when you say that you are from the Palmetto State, and will also help you get good answers when you ask questions where your location might be helpful and relevant; and
    2) never tempt fate by indicating that once you get just one more lens your film kit will be complete - it doesn't work! (trust me, I and many others here know this to be true).

Have fun, and we look forward to hearing and seeing more from you.
    Profile edited! And, you're right about the lenses, as much as I try to be in denial, hehe. At another photography forum I belong to, it's called LBA - Lens Buying Addiction. I have it bad. The only thing that controls it is my fixed income (Lupus did me in). And, I have to admit to having a thing for older cameras. I'm definitely a collector in my heart. I blame it on my daddy. He had the bug, too. I came by this honest, at least, LOL!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin