Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,470   Posts: 1,570,913   Online: 887

Shooter
    35mm RF

A geek-type from San Diego, California (user albada)

Hi All,

I've been a member for several years, but only recently became active in APUG.org. I even subscribed, which I encourage you to do to support this site.

I collect, repair, and shoot with mechanical cameras that don't use batteries (no electronics). Mostly 35mm.
    Being an engineer at heart, I also modify cameras. For example, I figured out a modification to the Olympus Trip 35 and Pens that gives you manual control over their two shutter speeds. You turn the camera upside-down to get its high speed, using gravity to move a lever deep within the camera.
    I'm currently learning about developers, and my project now is to create versions of XTOL/Mytol and DS-10 that last for years (in concentrate form) and are convenient for one-shot usage.

My day-job is computer programming (hence the "geek-type"), and I even have some patents in digital imaging/photography -- shame on me!
    But I enjoy film and chemistry with my classic cameras.

Mark Overton

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Mark and welcome to APUG. I also like classic cameras.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark - hello and welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts. I wander to the San Diego area (Encinitas) once in a while... beautiful area.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice to see another Diegueno pop up. I checked and you don't seem to work with me...wait, are you sure you're allowed to be a software geek in SD and not work at Qualcomm? :-)

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    From another IT geek type to another, welcome! Analog all the way (I guess except for work though, abacuses were replaced by bus intel tools...) Andy
    Last edited by zsas; 12-05-2011 at 08:01 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin